Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

August Round-up

 Wednesday 1 September 2010

Well my lovelies I must say that I don't know where this month has gone and I'm pretty sure that somebody has been speeding the clocks up because my summer is nearly over! I'll be going back to my flat at university in a little over 2 weeks and I'll be damned if I'm not turning 20 in 5 weeks!! I've got some awesome things in mind to make my birthday week rather special and I'll just hint now that a contest is going to be a probable event ;-)

In terms of posts this month has been one of my best months since until last week when I was avoiding blogs and Twitter to keep the Mockingjay Spoilers at bay, I had managed to post almost once a day. (Yay rhymes!) In terms of reading it was worse than July although not entirely terrible. My list for this past month is as follows:

August
127. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare (1/8/2010 AM)
128. Prey by Rachel Vincent (1/8/2010 PM)
129. By Midnight by Mia James (2/8/2010 AM)
130. Emma by Jane Austen (4/8/2010 PM)
131. Something like Fate by Susane Colasanti (4/8/2010 PM)
132. Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols (7/8/2010 PM)
133. The Poison Throne by Celine Kiernan (9/8/2010 AM)
134. Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt (10/8/2010 AM)
135. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith (12/8/2010 AM)
136. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (13/8/2010 AM)
137. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness (14/8/2010 AM)
138. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (17/8/2010 PM)
139. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (18/8/2010 PM)
140. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (23/8/2010 AM)
141. Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow (26/8/2010 AM)
142. Mockingjay by Suzanna Collins (27/8/2010 AM)
143. I'd Tell you I love you, but then I'd have to Kill you by Ally Carter (29/8/2010 AM)



This Month I have got quite a few reviews done although I still think that I could increase the number that I write if I plan things properly i.e. make a template for the review when I start reading the book and try to write it as soon after completion as I can, that way I may actually be able to review three-quarters of what I read.


Reviews
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
By Midnight by Mia James
The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma


Miscellaneous
In other news I had a splendid time last week book shopping with my best friend and fellow blogger Jess of Jess Hearts Books, we drove up to Derbyshire to visit our good friend and fellow blogger Ellie of Musings of a Bookshop Girl. We came back with far more books than we may have intended but since some of them were from swapping amongst ourselves from piles of books weeded out of our collections, I reckon it's alright. 
Day 1 of the Road Trip is Here
Day 2 of the Road Trip is Here
I was rather daft and didn't actually take any proper photos while I was with Jess and Ellie so I apologise and next time we meet up I promise to document the trip more thoroughly :P

The Month to Come
Well this may be a busier month than I'm expecting since although my University classes don't actually start until early October I'm going to move into my flat two weeks early in the hopes of getting some work done to refresh my memory of the last year and maybe, possibly, god-I-Hope-so get myself to a point where the workload of this year won't completely overwhelm me. Here's to good intentions *raises glass*
I don't quite know where my reading will go this month but I want to read more of my own books since I have 150+ on my TBR pile so I need to buy less and read more :P *snort* Is it possible that I can limit my book purchases for the month of September to 10? for purely must-have books i.e. Spy Glass and some others that I can't remember.
In terms of what's happening on the blog this month, who the bloody hell knows? I have plans for some posts supposed to go up later this week but depending on how long they take me to type up I may only manage one before I go off the grid while I'm in London. I'll do a post (or several perhaps) about my trip with the darling bf and show off some photos of our adventures round some awesome museums and with any luck massive bookstores :P

So goodbye August, I'm sure you were supposed to be summery but Gods knows you failed miserably. I've got faith that September will be better both in respect to weather and books - with the haul I'm going to have waiting for me when I get home on Sunday I've got *plenty* of awesome books to tide me over to the start of Uni.

See Y'all Soon Folks
LadyV

3 comments:

Ellie 1 September 2010 at 22:32  

Good luck with back-to-uni time - and my TBR pile is about to hit 1000, so I might need some speed-reading lessons next time you come! And it's your birthday soon, so glad you mentioned it! PM or email me or something with your address so I can send a card - and is there any particular book you might like for a pressie? I don't have friends to buy books for here, so no arguing, okay! *Note to self: find out Jess's b'day as well*

Jennie 2 September 2010 at 02:22  

Great month of reading and good luck with your next semester!

Lyndsey OHalloran 3 September 2010 at 22:48  

I really like the idea of doing a round up of what has happened each month. I probably wouldnt have time to remember to write everything down lol

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP