Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them #9

 Thursday 24 February 2011

Dude I know people are probably wondering what the heck I'm playing at leaving y'all hanging for a week and then only reappearing with a bunch of pretty covers to apologise but I've been having a little unexpected Hiatus since my blogging mojo has kinda buggered off. Although I do have a bucket load of reviews I need to write it is currently the last thing I want to do :( I will be trying to get a review done before weeks end and hopefully next week normalish posting will resume since February will be over and it's been an overall naff month.



Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them!
The new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it!
Every week we each pick a different cover so be sure to check both blogs!

So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev (Theatre Illuminata #3)
I know I'm not the only person to gush about this cover in the past week but Oh My Freaking Gods this is quite possibly the most beautiful cover I have ever seen in my life. Steph Su said it first but please can I get this cover framed for my wall? Not to mention that I *lust* after that dress with a passion, I mean the cover artist even shows the embroidery detail on the bodice! *flails*
The girl herself is so damn pretty and delicate and looks simply luminous *sigh* and her expression is so heart-wrenching, I mean look at her eyes! Man I could start pulling out all the pretentious art jargon if I sat staring at this cover for too long it really is *that* gorgeous.

I will fess up to not having read any of the books in the Theatre Illuminata series and I'm hesitant to do so even though I think that all 3 covers are outrageously delectable to the eyes. As folk might have gathered from my lukewarm review of the Iron Witch there's just something about Faerie books that doesn't mesh with me. I don't know what it is but I never really love this type of book so it would be such a shame for me to pick up these fabulously presented books and not enjoy them as much as they deserve.

I defer the duty of recommending these books to people who don't have my weird bias against Faerie books, if you've read any of this series then speak up and tell others what you thought of it if you please :)

So that's what I've been lusting over this week, do hop on over to Jess's Blog to check out what cover she's Licking this week!

LadyV


5 comments:

Lisa Mantchev 24 February 2011 at 17:34  

Hey Lady V.

Glad you love the covers so much! (And just so you know, the books do feature the four fairy companions as sidekicks, but they aren't fairy/fae/faery/faerie books per se... they're theater-based magic realism. Not that that sounds much better, mind you!)

Lis

Jess 25 February 2011 at 15:04  

SO FREAKIN' PRETTY!!!!! I love her dress I really want to read this series but again I'm not sure with not being a fan of faeries. Theres no denying the covers are to die for though, fab pick :) x

Blueicegal ♥ 26 February 2011 at 14:20  

I love the cover, it has to be my favourite from the series. Great pick hun! :)

Ellie 26 February 2011 at 16:12  

Gorgeous cover! Now, sweets, I left you a message on my thread over on LT but you've gone AWOL, so I'll leave it here instead - did you still want The Reformed Vampire Support Group or would you prefer to go via Amazon? (Good news, lots of Jinks books available there, yippee!) It's right here anyway, just let me know and send me your address again if the answer's a resounding yes... (MUST LEARN TO USE ADDRESS BOOK!) xx

Vicki 26 February 2011 at 19:22  

O.M.G that's the first time I've seen that and it's gorgeous. I do own the 1st two books but haven't read them (OK I admit I bought them solely because of the awesome covers but I'm not against the Fey in books at all, I even have a bit of a thing for it atm)so I will absolutely be adding this one to the collection.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP