Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (29)

 Monday 7 February 2011

Morning all this post is being written at the ungodly hour that preceeds 4am so do forgive any incoherencies it's been a while since I stayed up this late but my excuse is at least reasonable to bookish people. I just finished a seriously freaking awesome book that was a brilliant mix of murder, mystery, a creepy house chock-full of ghosts and some marvellous main characters. It was the perfect book for my mood although I do wonder if I'm gonna sleep at all tonight :S Ah well I may as well finish this post while I'm still conscious.

It's Monday What are you Reading? Is a weekly bookish meme where we get together to share what books we've read in the past week, what books we're currently reading and what new books we're planning on reading in the coming week along with any reviews or interesting posts. It's hosted by Sheila @Book Journey

Books I read Last Week
Well I thought I hadn't read that much but I still racked up 5 books despite some of the crazyness.
Shatterglass by Tamora Pierce (Review coming soon)
The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney (Review Coming Soon)
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper (Interesting Historical fiction but rather bland and predictable)
The Pain Merchants by Janice Hardy (Review Coming Soon)
Ghost of a Chance by Rhiannon Lassiter (Review coming Soon - literally finished it half an hour ago!)

Books I reviewed Last Week
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
 Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols 
I also have another review to write for the last of my January reads which I will try to get up on Tuesday.

Books I Plan to Read this week
Since the real world is currently a bit zany I'm in the mood for any book that is wholly unlike reality as I know it so methinks that carrying on with the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson is a capital idea.

Also considering how I just finished one book by Rhiannon Lassiter and loved it I might try reading the other ER book I have by her although this is the third in a trilogy so things might be a bit confusing. But we'll see how things go.

As you can see my plans are kinda in flux right now and I don't know what else I have in store for the blog this week although I do desperately need to get caught up on reviews but I may finish up the discussion-esque post I've been sitting on for over a week now.

But you guys have a great Monday now while I pass the heck out X_X
LadyV


9 comments:

Jennifer 7 February 2011 at 05:27  

Awesome week of reading! I hope this one is just as good. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-25.html

Betty 7 February 2011 at 05:41  

Interesting list of books you've read. I enjoyed your review of Soulless by Gail Carriger and am adding it to my TBR list. Thanks! I spent the weekend totally engrossed in a wonderful memoir called "Major Dream: From Immigrant Housemaid to Harvard Ph.D." by author Jin Kyu Robertson Ph.D. As the title indicates, it's the story of achieving the American Dream. I highly recommend it!

Sheila (Bookjourney) 7 February 2011 at 06:23  

I am up late too - it is 12:30 am and I am getting a jump start on commenting on the Monday meme posts. Fantastic looking reads! Enjoy!

Anonymous,  7 February 2011 at 07:08  

Funny how you stayed up to finish a book. I did too, but it was 12.30 am when I was done with it. :-)

Hope you get to read another great book like that this week!

Jan von Harz 7 February 2011 at 09:52  

I am so in love with Carriger's series and am very anxious to get my hands on Heartless. Sadly I have several months to wait. Looks like you had a good week Hope this one is a good if not better!

Kristin 7 February 2011 at 16:20  

I'm not familiar with any of your books - I'm going to have to check them out.

My It's Monday post can be found here.

Aleetha 7 February 2011 at 17:56  

Holy!. You have read The Iron Witch. I wish I can go back here to read your words about it.
I have not seen any review.

Joy Weese Moll 7 February 2011 at 19:47  

Hope you got some sleep!

Great list of books--Happy Reading!
Here's my Monday!

Christina T 8 February 2011 at 00:30  

I liked The Iron Witch and loved Soulless. I haven't read any of Tamora Pierce's books but I'm hoping to try one this year. I hadn't heard of Rhiannon Lassiter before but I will have to look into her books. I look forward to reading your reviews. Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP