Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (3)

 Monday 31 May 2010

OMG Monday again! I'm having a week of waking up saying "heck it's my last Monday in the flat" etc. because this Friday I have to move out and go home for the summer. But never mind cos I've gotta get on with this post.


It's Monday What are Reading? Is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Sheila @One Person's Journey through Books and Coffee where we all get together to share what we've read in the past week and what we intend to read this coming week. 

Books I read Last Week
Forget You by Jennifer Echol (Review Here)
Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead (Review coming soon!)
The Taste of Sorrow by Jude Morgan (Review Vlog here
Paper Towns by John Green

Books I'm Currently Reading
The Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell 


Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
This is what my copy looks like - isn't it *gorgeous*?

Books I plan to read this Week
Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine 

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

I won't say too many books I that want to read this week as the two I'm already reading may take me a while and I have two exam on Wednesday and Thursday so reading *Should* be minimal (that doesn't mean it will be)

Also I shall make my plea again for *someone, ANYONE* to give me some feedback on my Plan for a Harry Potter Blog Party at the end of July (It's Harry's 30th bday dontcha know?). The original post explaining my idea is HERE and if I don't get any feedback or comments saying whether it's a good idea or not by Saturday 5th June I shall be abandoning the plan as there's no point me spending ages organising posts and a giveaway when no one is even looking at the posts. I'm sorry to whine and nag but I need someone besides just my best friend *waves at Jess* to tell me that it's worth going ahead with.

Ever Hopeful
LadyV

9 comments:

Lydia 31 May 2010 at 14:06  

That Cranford cover IS gorgeous. Wow!

Here is my Monday!

Ray 31 May 2010 at 14:12  

@Lydia I also have a copy of Villette by Charlotte Bronte with the same cover - I'm such a sucker for gorgeous books :)

Jan von Harz 31 May 2010 at 14:38  

I read your review on Forget You and chuckled all the way through. You really liked this one. I love Charlotte Bronte and I will be interested in how you like the biography. It looks like you have some great reads planned this week too. Enjoy.

Julie 31 May 2010 at 15:38  

The Cranford cover is indeed gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about what's inside! Oh, and your review of "Forget You" has added it to my must-reads list!

Christina T 31 May 2010 at 17:34  

I loved your review of Forget You. I hope you enjoy Cranford. I read it recently and just watched the BBC adaptation over the weekend with my mom. It was a lot of fun and I found I enjoyed it more than the book. Have you seen it?

I really like the UK covers for the Morganville vampire series much better than the ones here in the US. Ours are kind of ugly. :(

Have a great week! Best of luck on your exams!

Ray 31 May 2010 at 17:52  

@Christina, I'm glad you liked my review and thanks for actually slogging through it all! I realised after I finished it how bloody long it was which wasn't quite what I planned :P
I haven't seen the BBC adaptation of Cranford although I do want to see it, I may have to buy the dvd set off Amazon or something.
Yea I love the new UK covers, in fact I recently re-bought the first 6 books so I could have all the covers matching because I'm really weird like that lol.
Thank you, I can't wait for these exams to be out the way so I spend the summer reading, blogging, writing and all other fun things! :)

Laurel-Rain Snow 31 May 2010 at 18:09  

I keep planning to read something by Charlaine Harris!

Here's my Monday:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_30.html

E.J. Stevens 31 May 2010 at 20:09  

Ooh, Spirit Bound. I'm only on book two but loving this series! :)

My What are you reading? is here.

Happy Monday. :)

xx,
E.J
From the Shadows

Sheila (Bookjourney) 31 May 2010 at 22:39  

I would like to read The Life of Charlotte Bronte. It sounds fascinating! Have a good week :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP