Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Books, Books and more Books!! Random Vlog!!

 Monday 3 May 2010

Evening all, this is a somewhat random post (which was planned) to show the vlog I recorded last night which is me doing a very rapid look through all the non-academic books I have on my shelf at University. There are a *lot* so apologies for the general blurriness of any covers but my webcam isn't exactly high spec so focussing is not it's strong point.
Most of the books I have here are unread (since I take home the read ones in the holidays and bring back more! Or as often happens, I *buy* more books :P) and with only a month of the term left to go it's unlikely that I'll get many of these books read - that's going to be my summer challenge to read as many of the classic books I've bought recently as I can.

So without further ado here is the vlog!!




List of Books with me at University
Castle of Llyr - Lloyd Alexander
Taran Wanderer - Lloyd Alexander
The High King - Lloyd Alexander
The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
The Selected Letters- Jane Austen
The Complete Novels - Jane Austen
Villette - Charlotte Bronte
Shirley - Charlotte Bronte
The Selected Works of the Bronte Sisters - Charlotte, Emily & Anne Bronte
A lost Lady - Willa Cather
The Falcons of Montabard - Elizabeth Chadwick
Shields of Pride - Elizabeth Chadwick
The Greatest Knight - Elizabeth Chadwick
Shadows and Strongholds - Elizabeth Chadwick
The Time of Singing - Elizabeth Chadwick
The Mysterious Affair at Styles - Agatha Christie
Taken at the Flood - Agatha Christie
The Splendour Falls - Rosemary Clement-Moore
The Moonstone - Wilkie Collins
The Shadows of Sherlock Holmes - David Stuart Davies
The Lost World & other stories - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Memories and Adventures - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Valley of Fear - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
His Last Bow - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
Le Pion blanc de Presages (Belgariad) - David Eddings
Silas Marner - George Eliot
Mill on the Floss - George Eliot
The Life of Charlotte Bronte - Elizabeth Gaskell
Ruth - Elizabeth Gaskell
Wives and Daughters - Elizabeth Gaskell
Cranford - Elizabeth Gaskell
Looking for Alaska - John Green
Alex Rider; Stormbreaker - Anthony Horowitz
Ash - Malinda Lo
The Owl Killers - Karen Maitland
Company of Liars - Karen Maitland
The Collected Stories - Katherine Mansfield
A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin
The Flight of the Falcon - Daphne du Maurier
The Parasites - Daphne du Maurier
The Birds & other stories - Daphne du Maurier
Frenchman's Creek - Daphne du Maurier
Spindle's End - Robin Mckinley
The Taste of Sorrow - Jude Morgan
Becoming Bindy Mackenzie - Jaclyn Moriarty
Dreaming of Amelia - Jaclyn Moriarty
The Knife of Never Letting go - Patrick Ness
Eragon - Christopher Paolini
Les Royaumes du Nord - Philip Pullman
Harry Potter et l'ecole des sorciers - J.K. Rowling
Dissolution - C.J. Sanson
All the Things we didn't say - Sara Shepard
The Return: Shadow Souls - L.J. Smith
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - R.L. Stevenson
Dracula - Bram Stoker
Vanity Fair - William Thackeray
The Little Stranger - Sarah Waters
Brethren - Robyn Young
The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon




*takes deep breath* And.... that's the lot! Sheesh it's insane, there's no way in hell that I'm listing all of the books when I come to showing all the books I have at home nosiree!
Any Questions or suggestions of what I should maybe read next please leave me a comment :D


Cheers
LadyV

1 comments:

Nina 6 May 2010 at 16:22  

A lot of great books you got there. I havent read any John Green books, so I would say Looking for Alaska - John Green, just to see if it's good. :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP