Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #7 Late but not *too* Late

 Monday 10 May 2010

I know it's Monday but I had a cricket game yesterday and so wasn't able to get my IMM post up and that's why I'm doing it now!

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren which was inspired by a post by Alea @Pop Culture Junkie

There's no vlog this week cos every bleeding time I try and record it my webcam has a special moment and the sound ends up out of sync with the video and it looks ridiculous So I'll just try and get a photo of last week's books.

Books in Photo:
Julius - Daphne du Maurier
The Reckoning - Kelley Armstrong
The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson
Kiss of Death - Rachel Caine
Fade Out - Rachel Caine
Carpe Corpus - Rachel Caine
Lord of Misrule - Rachel Caine
Classical Mythology

Quite a light week really, the Morganville books were ordered off Waterstones as they were having an online deal where all Morganville books were £3.50 each! The Reckoning and The Adoration of Jenna Fox were ordered off Amazon... because I felt like it and I wanted to read the third Darkest Powers books as I really like that series (I finished it this morning and really enjoyed it). Julius and the book on Classical mythology were bought from the Oxfam bookshop as they looked intriguing and were both really cheap - under £5 for the two!! Julius adds to my collection of du Maurier books which has grown nicely over the past few months.

I'm not expecting to get many or any books this weeks as the exams are creeping ever closer and my stress levels are high so that is why I'm not posting all that frequently. I also realise that I'm *very* lax with book reviews which I apologise for but I'm pretty terrible at writing helpful reviews and there are lots of bloggers who can explain what was awesome about a book *much* better than I can, so unless people demand a review of a particular book (I'm going to try and sort out a tabbed page showing my reading list for the year so far) I shall probably not post many reviews although I know that is basically the point of a book blog. In the meantime for anyone who's interested in my garbled ramblings about the books I read This link and this link go to the two threads on LibraryThing's 75 Book Challenge where I record my reading. I haven't updated the reviews for the books I've read so far in May but I'm hoping to do it soonish.

Again apologies for the lateness and general lack of book reviews on the blog I'm still rather shaky at this and I'm working on it - bring on the summer when I have bucket-loads of free time!!
LadyV

2 comments:

Dazzling Mage 10 May 2010 at 14:27  

Ooh, Morganville Vampires series! Really want to read those. Great books this week!

Happy reading. =)

Darlyn 12 May 2010 at 20:56  

I've read the 1st two series only few weeks ago. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did =)

p/s:Nice blog ;p

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP