Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

YA Historical Fiction Challenge!

 Monday 6 December 2010

Ok folks I'm jumping on the bandwagon! I have a good chunk of YA Historical fiction (and adult HF come to that) sat on my TBR pile so this challenge will be a fab way to whittle those books off the ma-hussive pile.
It's being hosted by YA Bliss and there are a few rules for the challenge

Choose your level:
~Level 1 = 5 YA HF books in 2011
~Level 2 = 10 YA HF books in 2011
~Level 3 = 15 YA HF books in 2011

-All HF books must be YA or MG
-Books *don't* have to be 2011 releases
-Anyone can join
-You can join at any time, the challenge runs from 1st Jan until 31st Dec 2011

Some of the books I will read for this challenge
Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
The Poisoned House by Michael Ford
Nobody's Princess by Esther Friesner
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
Ivy by Julie Hearn
Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper
The Lady in the Tower by Marie-Louise Jensen
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

Although I currently only have 8 YA HF books on the TBR pile I shall aim for Level 3 since I'm sure to buy more books in 2011 that can be used for this challenge :P 

So who else is taking part? Does anyone have any suggestions for challenges I should join in 2011?
Let me know!!
LadyV

3 comments:

Stephanie (Books Are A Girl's Best Friend) 7 December 2010 at 16:35  

I'm so glad you're taking part in Sabrina's challenge! I thought of my own version of the challenge back in the summer but posted it just a few hours after Sabrina so I decided not to publicise it to be fair to her. I want to share the love for a genre (my favourite!) that has risen tremendously over the last year. Currently, I am considering holding a YA histroical fiction event later in the year.

As for other challenges, Becky of The Bookette is holding a British Books challenge to support UK authors, which you might be interested in as a fellow UK blogger. Here's the link:

http://www.thebookette.co.uk/2010/12/british-books-challenge-2011.html?

I'm holding a Georgette Heyer challenge too (she is the Queen of regency romance) and the post introducing the challenge will be up on my blog within the next few days.

Have fun with your 2011 challenges!

Sab H. 7 December 2010 at 18:08  

Thank you for joining! Great books you picked ;)

Unknown 10 December 2010 at 10:59  

I'm really interrested in this challenge :). Maybe I'll try !
And i'm a your follower on twitter too (@ifmary) :).

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP