Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Another Challenge! Wordsworth Classics Challenge

 Thursday 30 December 2010

Since I was thinking that I hadn't signed up to enough official reading challenges that I would scour the blogosphere to find some suitable one and look what I came across! Over on Deranged Book Lovers they are hosting the Wordsworth Classics Reading Challenge for 2011.

If you have been following my blog for a while you may have noticed that I have acquired a *lot* of Wordsworth edition classics over the past year with the intention of reading them... someday so this challenge sounds like a fab idea to knock a few books off my TBR pile (which is teetering ever closer to 200). The rules are pretty simple and there's even a contest running over the whole year which will be drawn on Dec 25th 2011 for $15 worth of Classic novels off the Book Depository!

Ze Rules
  • You can read any classic novels which are included in list of Wordsworth Classics. You don't need to read wordsworth edition, you can pick any publisher releases as long as those releases are unabridged.
  • It’s okay to re-read. You can put the book you’ve read in the past in your list as long as you’re going to read it again in 2011. Set your target and list the book you want to read along with the challenge button in your blog and fill the form. Don't forget to put the link in Mr. Linky! This way I can keep track of your progress and add you as candidate for the giveaway.
  • You don't have to review those books but if you want you can link them so I can read it ^^. I will provide a follow-up blog post for that and you can link your reviews or anything related to this challenge.
  • This is a year-long challenge (Jan 1, 2011 - Dec 23, 2011) so you can still commit to it in the middle of year 2011. All you need to do is fill the form. I will announce the giveaway winner on December 25, 2011.
You can choose how many books you want to attempt and the different levels are as such:
Set your target!
Peasant: 1-4 books
Bourgeois: 5-8 books
Knight: 9 – 12 books
Noble: more than 12 books

I will probably be aiming for the Bourgeois category but if I can sneak into being a Knight then that's fine by me. Since I'm thinking of doing a month-long feature orientated around Classics sometime in late Spring I may get a good few of my challenge reads done then. 

Some of the books I want to read
  1. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
  2. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
  3. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  4. The Lost World and other Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  5. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
  6. The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
  7. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
  8. Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson 
  9. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  10. Vanity Fair by William Thackeray
Obviously I may read more or less than that but I'd rather like to get these in particular read.
I may sign up to a couple more challenges when I find some - does anyone know of a Chunky Book challenge? Cos I have several 600+ page tomes that I could do with knocking off my TBR pile.

It's nearly New Year and I can't wait to see what awesome books I read in 2011!
LadyV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP