Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Book Review - Last Sacrifice

 Friday 10 December 2010

I know this should have been done earlier this week but things have been a tad hectic and I have been in a bit of a reviewing funk so it's taken be longer to write this than it should have.
I've also been re-reading the earlier VA books this week in insane gulps (I'm talking two books a night over the last two days). *sigh* why do I do these stupid things to myself? :P

**MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR EARLIER BOOKS**

Title: Last Sacrifice
Author: Richelle Mead
Date: 18/11/2010 AM
Source: Received for Review from Penguin UK THANK YOU!!
Description: The 6th and final book in the Vampire Academy series! Rose is on trial for the murder of Tatiana and Lissa is now a prime candidate for the throne. But who really murdered the Queen and who is going to have to make the ultimate sacrifice?


My Review:
Words currently fail me to accurately describe how awesome this book was. Since devouring Spirit Bound back in April I've been dying to find out what happened next because lord knows that if Rose and Dimitri didn't have some kind of reconciliation I was gonna chuck one heck of a strop. I'm sorry to Team Adrian folks but considering how much effort and passion has been put into the Rose&Dimitri love story I reckon Adrian's chances of coming out on top were slim.

Over the entire series Rose has been such a fabulous heroine and it's been a joy to be in her head as it were. She's so loyal to Lissa and her other friends that she would do anything to protect them from harm. Also I would give anything to have her mad fighting skills because being *that* kick-ass would be amazing. Her snarky sense of humour and bizarrely her sound sense of duty make her a person that I would love to know (if she was real *sad face*) although I would never like to make her angry :P

Dimitri *gazes off into the distance wistfully* is there really anything else to say past that? Out of all the male characters I've read about he is up there with the best - passionate, loyal, lethal, funny and with an accent to die for Dimitri Belikov is capable of melting *any* female's heart. The intensity with which he says everything (especially to Rose) sends shivers across your body and you can't help but imagine him saying such things to you. (or is that just me?) Either way whether he's a hunk of Russian gorgeousness.

I have loved so much how wonderfully complex this series has been, compared to other vampire series of late it has so much more detail about the world and the way it works and the characters all are so layered and have their own motivations which can sometimes really surprise you. Richelle's writing is fabulous and it pulls you along at such a break-neck speed that the pages just fly by. I know I finished it all too quickly - but then I do read at ridiculously fast pace.

With regards to Tatiana's killer I had no concrete suspicions about who it might be since I'm not usually the speculating type and I probably missed a lot of the clues that other, more observant folk picked up on. The Revelation was actually a bit of a shock to me and I thought it rather sad really because I didn't think they had it in them to murder someone like that. The events that followed were equally shocking and my heart was racing for the last few chapters as things got *reeeally* worrying for a bit.

I'm really happy with how the series ended and I'm rather intrigued about where things will go in the spin-off series. I have my suspicions about who the main character will be although I don't know how they'll compare with Rose (I get rather set in my ways when it comes to narrators and DW companions :P). Who knows maybe it'll be someone completely unexpected, I can't wait to find out!

So yea if you've not already read this series then what the heck are you waiting for?!? With all six books now out you won't have to suffer the agonising waits in between publication dates, you could even marathon the whole series which knowing me will happen next year when I get Dimitri Withdrawals ;)

Richelle Mead I take my proverbial hat off to you for creating one of the best Paranormal series I've ever read and re-read. Staying up until 3am is totally worth it when you're reading a Vampire Academy novel.

My Rating: 5 out 5 Stars!!

I can't believe it's all over! *sniffs* I foresee many re-reads in my future because I'm not gonna tire of Rose and Co. for a *looong* while yet.
I'm still trying to get hold of a copy of the US version of Last Sacrifice because I need it to match my other copies but the Book Depo is being awkward and they keep flying out of stock for some reason :P
When I do get that copy my UK version will be going towards the prize pack for my Blogaversary/300 followers contest (whichever I reach first) so stay tuned for that!!

Now I must go find something to ease my beslubbering headache, toodles!
LadyV

2 comments:

Fiction Spark 11 December 2010 at 05:01  

Nice review.. I'm getting near to the end of the book so hopefully I could post my review soon..

brandileigh2003 11 December 2010 at 22:17  

I really enjoyed the ending too and am sad that this is the end of their story, at least from Rose's perspective. I agree that R and D are just meant to be together and their love is too strong. I think that A will play a big part in the spin off series, and hopefully get his HEA. but I agree with Rose, he can't be so dependent on her, and she made her choices for right reasons.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP