Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Book Blogger Hop #11/Follow my Book Blog Friday #6

 Friday 12 November 2010

So it's been way too long since I had a proper hop so here goes!

Book Blogger Hop



The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event where loads of bloggers get  to discover awesome new blogs and it's hosted by Jennifer of Crazy For Books
Follow by Book Blog Friday is another weekly event that is hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View

Every week Jennifer asks a question of the Hoppers - "If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series do you always start with the first title?
Yes, I can't stand not knowing if I've missed some important details that get referred to in later books, plus it just makes more sense to start with book 1. I've currently got on my TBR a LibraryThing early Reviewer book that is the third in a series so I kind of can't read it until I find copies of the first two books :S

So hello there my hopping friends! Come on in! I do apologise for the mess but it's Nanowrimo at the moment and I'm up to my eyeballs in words. I promise that normal service will resume in December but for now it's a little scatter-brained. If you fancy having a look round do take a peek at the new feature that I'm co-hosting with jess hearts books Called Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them it's rather quirky but we love it!

Please leave a comment and I hope y'all are having a good Friday!

11 comments:

Brazen Broads Book Bash 12 November 2010 at 12:57  

Stopping by from the hop! I love your cover feature--very cool.
Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

Have a great one!

Alexandria
http://brazenbroadsbookbash.blogspot.com/

Mel 12 November 2010 at 13:08  

Stopping by for the Hop. Your blog layout looks fabulous. I am a new follower and look forward to reading lots of your posts in the future.

Jen Bigheart 12 November 2010 at 14:33  

Hopping by....nice blog! I agree, I start with book one!
Hope you come by and see my answer!

Unknown 12 November 2010 at 16:02  

Hey! I'm your newest follower; just stopping by on the hop to wish you a great weekend!

I prefer reading books on a series in the proper order but every now and then I mess up and buy the wrong one. I find out rather quickly when I find myself completely lost!

Carmel @ Rabid Reads (Twitter)

Judith Leger 12 November 2010 at 17:33  

Good Morning Lady Violet!

Happy Friday.

New follower here. I’m doing all three of the Friday blog runs. I don’t limit myself to budget with books. I just love to read and write so that line is always doable for me. And Yes, I love start a series at the 1st book.

http://www.judithleger.blogspot.com
http://www.judithleger.weebly.com

Susan 12 November 2010 at 17:50  

So glad to have found you via the Hop and FF. I'm your newest follower!

I can't stand starting a series anywhere other than at the beginning. I don't want to miss anything. I'm confused enough as it is :)

Anonymous,  12 November 2010 at 18:19  

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2010/11/book-blogger-hop.html

Jan von Harz 12 November 2010 at 20:02  

Hopped in to say hi and wish you a great weekend!

Howard Sherman 12 November 2010 at 21:27  

I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
doesn't run chronologically.

That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Create Attraction With Women 12 November 2010 at 23:43  

I promise that normal service will resume in December but for now it's a little scatter-brained.

Anonymous,  13 November 2010 at 01:37  

Found you through the Follow! Your blog is beautiful :) I love the header.

I'm a follower now!

read-a-holic-blog.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP