Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

July Round-off - WTF? Where did this month go??

 Sunday 1 August 2010

Ok seriously, where the fandazzle is this year going?? I can't believe that it's the end of July already, I've been back from Uni for two months now and I feel like I've done nothing (which is technically quite accurate but that's besides the point). I'm gonna be turning freaking 20!! in October and it's getting scarily close now, time needs to stop racing away or I'm not gonna remember 2010 at all.

But anyway I'm rambling about nonsense, so what's happened this past month for me book and blog-wise? Well after I got back from Barbados it took me a week or so to get back into the swing of things so I've not done as many posts as I did in May or June. I'm not quite sure how many reviews I've actually done this month but I reckon it's not much more than 2 *oops*. I've obviously done some of the usual memes, It's Monday, What are you Reading?, Teaser Tuesdays, Booking through Thursday, In My Mailbox and I even got on a Blog Hop once. I had a slightly stress-head moment last week because it had taken me two weeks to write a review for Dreamland by Sarah Dessen and the writer's block was ruddy annoying so I ranted about my lack of motivation to write for several hundred words which seems ironic in hindsight, I can write loads about not being able to write. *facepalm*

I also did several posts about the two days my best friend Jess (Jess Hearts Books) and I spent frolicking around the Midlands in search of books to acquire - and boy were we successful! One of these days I *may* do a post about my trip to Barbados but don't rely on it, cos it'd take a heck of a lot of time to do and I'm on thin ice when it comes to the amount of time I spend on the computer *meep!*

Last week I did a post asking people to give me recommendations for books that my sister would like (YA realism, nothing paranormal) and I did a separate post asking folk if anyone would be interested in doing a guest post on here or if they'd like me to guest post on their blog etc. Links for all these posts will be below.

Books Read in July
107. His Last Bow by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (1/7/2010 PM)
108. The Oracle of Dating by Allison van Diepen (7/7/2010 AM)
109. An Ice Cold Grave by Charlaine Harris (8/7/2010 AM)
110. Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder (8/7/2010 PM)
111. The Princess and the Pauper by Kate Brian (10/7/2010 AM)
112. Fire Study by Maria V. Snyder (11/7/2010 AM)
113. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen (13/7/2010 AM)
114. A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (14/7/2010 AM)
115. Cracked up to Be by Courtney Summers (16/7/2010 AM)
116. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris (17/7/2010 AM)
117. Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman (19/7/2010 AM)
118. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (20/7/2010 AM)
119. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (22/7/2010 AM)
120. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (26/7/2010 AM)
121. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (26/7/2010 PM)
122. The Summer I turned Pretty by Jenny Han (27/7/2010 AM)
123. The Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin (28/7/2010 AM)
124. Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith (29/7/2010 PM)

125. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (30/7/2010 PM)
126. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (31/7/2010 AM)



As you can see by that list I had a very YA orientated month, one Sherlock Holmes book, 3 adult paranormal books and the rest were YA. 7 books were re-reads which is quite bad since I've got over 100 books on my TBR list so I kind of need to make those my priority. 




July in Posts
Reviews
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen - Review Here
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater - Review Here

Meme Posts
It's Monday what are you Reading? - Here and 'Ere
Teaser Tuesdays - Zis one and Zat one
Booking through Thursday - Just this one
Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday - Numero uno y Numero dos
In My Mailbox - Big Haul and Not so big

Random Posts
Road Trip of Awesome - Day 1Day 2 and The Conclusion
Call for Guest Bloggers - Please Sir if you would
Call for Book Recommendations - It'd be a big help
Writer's Block Blues - You don't have to look at this

So that was my month, a pretty good one for books although I've not really cleared anything off my TBR cos I've bought more than I read but never mind lol.

August is looking to be a good month, my parents are going away for two weeks and will hopefully be finding me lots of lovely books from Floridian bookstores (I need to compile my list still!), I'm going to be having another meet-up with Jess and Ellie *happy dance* and right at the end of the month I'm gonna be going to London with the darling boyfriend for a few days and I'll be damned if I don't visit the mahussive bookshops there! I'm hoping to read more books off my TBR pile and a wider variety of genres than in July because I feel guilty for neglecting the tons of books in my cupboard.

I also may try and do another set of book shelf tours but this time I'm gonna try and show you folk what hidden in the massive depths of the cupboard (6 shelves stacked four rows deep with several books on top). I may try and borrow my sister's new Flip Camera *oozes with jealousy* to film it although heck knows it'll take a lot of work and I may have to empty the shelves to show you everything.

Anyhow, Here's to August and all it's possibilities!
LadyV



2 comments:

Jess 1 August 2010 at 21:09  

bring on August should be a good month again :)

Ray 1 August 2010 at 21:33  

Yea especially with the Return to Bakewell and my trip to london with Tom :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP