Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Booking Through Thursday - Meme of Reading Questions

 Thursday 19 August 2010

I've been pondering over the last few days what to actually do for my 100th post but frankly my brain was dishing up peanuts so I reckon it'll be miles easier just to do a normal post for now and have a good chatty post at another time :P

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is not so much *one* question but a whole ruck of them. Oh how I love meme's like this.


1. Favorite childhood book?
Erm I'm not sure actually, but I reckon the 1st Harry Potter book was a fav when I was 8
2. What are you reading right now?
I'm currently reading the Alchemist's Daughter by Katherine McMahon
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
None, I don't tend to request books
4. Bad book habit?
I keep buying more books than I have the time to read? :P
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Nothing at this present moment but I'm hoping to check out the Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness later
6. Do you have an e-reader?
nope and I don't plan on getting one
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I tend to read one at a time but occasionally I'll read bits of several
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I reckon they've changed slightly, I think I'm more critical of the books I read but nothing major
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Possibly Fallen by Lauren Kate, it was just meh and I'm not all that bothered about Torment
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
So far, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - unbelievably amazing
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not very often, I like sticking with what I know I like
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
YA fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Historical Fiction
13. Can you read on the bus?
Probably I can read in the car but I've never properly tried on a bus
14. Favorite place to read?
In bed mostly or somewhere comfy
15. What is your policy on book lending?
Only trusted individuals may borrow my books, any damage and I lynch ya! :P
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
*le gasp* Heaven forbid!!
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
*faints* How can you suggest such a thing?!
18.  Not even with text books?
Only if they were my own textbooks
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
Well English although I should be able to read in French (but I'm not very good)
20. What makes you love a book?
It's a mixture of the story and the characters but I can forgive a mediocre plot if the characters are amazing
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
How late I stay up to finish it and my rating
22. Favorite genre?
Fantasy I guess
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Non-fiction, I really should read more actual history books cos I find it interesting
Favorite biography?
I've only read two biographies and neither were fantastic
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Yeah sort-of do writing books count?
26. Favorite cookbook?
I don't have one - I don't really like cooking although I do own cookbooks
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Erm I don't know if I'd call any of the books I've read "inspirational" *ponders*
28. Favorite reading snack?
I don't usually eat whilst reading and I don't really have a preference of snacks
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Hmm I dunno I can't remember any specific book which I was disappointed with because of hype
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Well if the majority of reviews I see of a book are positive I'm likely to enjoy it too
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
If I really didn't like a book I wouldn't review it on my blog, but kinda meh books I'll still review
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Well since I study French and Spanish I'd kinda like to be able to read well in both
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
The Count of Monte Cristo - that thing is *massive*! Although it's actually a pretty fast-paced read
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
A Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray - I've been putting it off cos it's a rather beefy-looking book
35. Favorite Poet?
I don't have one - I don't read poetry cos most of it just goes over my head
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
Usually no more than 3
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
I've done it at least 6 times when I just haven't got into the book
38. Favorite fictional character?
God that's too difficult I have loads!
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Argh again I can't choose!! (I'll do another post on this in the future maybe)
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Any I fancy taking really I'm not one for differentiating between "beach" books and normal ones
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Probably no more than a week and a half?
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Wuthering Heights , I got about 40 pages in and gave up. I may try again one day
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
TV I cannot concentrate on a book if I'm in a room with a TV
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Hmm I'm rather wary of most film adaptations but I *adore* the Lord of the Rings films
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - just too much was left out of that
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
I can't quite remember but I think I may have once spent £56 in one go two years ago
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Not very often at all, I don't like to flick through at random in case I spot a spoiler
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
Erm falling asleep? 
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Heck yea, I'm an organisational freak
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Nah I'm a hoarder, and I will often re-read books at some point in the future
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Probably although I can't remember precisely which books
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Catching Fire - that ending coupled with the fact that I had to wait almost a year to read Mockingjay made me rather tetchy :P
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Cracked up to be by Courtney Summers - Parker was a total bitch yet I really liked her
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
The Summer I turned Pretty by Jenny Han - I expected to like it more than I actually did
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Any of my Tamora Pierce books, I love reading her books when I want a great comfort re-read

So there you go folks, I've tried to keep my answers short to save y'all a ton of reading. At another time I'm gonna try and do some posts about my favourite male and female characters and my favourite villains so keep an eye out for those in the next few weeks.


This has taken me a good hour or two to answer but it's been fun, I always like these types of meme. I hope everyone is having a good Thursday and YAY for my 100th post!! *dances*
LadyV

7 comments:

Golden Eagle 19 August 2010 at 12:32  

I love your answers! I also think that they left out too much in The Order of the Phoenix since they just threw stuff in that either wasn't in the book or was in the book but went unexplained.

You know, I think I might do this meme myself . . .

Amber at The Musings of ALMYBNENR 19 August 2010 at 12:40  

Great list! I'm a book hoarder as well!

gautami tripathy 19 August 2010 at 12:56  

Great answers. I don't hoard now.

It was too long. I answered those I liked, not all!

Here is my BTT: Reading meme post!

Jess 19 August 2010 at 18:22  

good idea about doing a favourite male and female characters and my favourite villains post. I'll be looking forward to that :) My answers are up!

Marce 19 August 2010 at 18:45  

Your fav reads I am still considering due to the hype.

My post if interested

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/08/booking-through-thursday-responses-to.html

Lori 19 August 2010 at 22:11  

LOL, cool answers, I can't believe that we all actually answered them all. Here's my BTT

Lover Of Romance 19 August 2010 at 23:27  

Thats alot of questions to answer!!! I love them, its good to get to know you a bit better!!

I just love your blog!!! I have a Award for you Here

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP