Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #40

 Sunday 6 March 2011

Morning all it's that time of week again and it's been a pretty good week book-wise although one book shie of perfection but hopefully that should be putting in an appearance on Monday. Shall we begin?

In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren and was inspired by Alea @Pop Culture Junkie



Books Acquired this Week
Rosebush by Michele Jaffe (Already read it- Loved it! Will review soon)
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting (Thank you Jess for sending me this!)
Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel
The Reformed Vampire Support group by Catherine Jinks (Thanks Ellie for sending this to me)


A pretty mixed bunch of books but all of them sound fabulous so I can't wait to read them (well the ones that I won't have finished by the time this posts)


Also I featured in a post that my dear friend Ellie wrote in honour of all the World Book Night programs that appeared on the BBC last night and it's full of books that have influenced her life along with picks from her mother, Jess of Jess Hearts Books and me. Go Check it out Here


What books have fell into your possession this week?
LadyV

17 comments:

Rebecca 6 March 2011 at 09:53  

Great books you got this week. Rosebush looks really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Jess 6 March 2011 at 10:33  

yay! This week you got books! So jealous about Clan of the Cave Bear as you might have guessed ;)

Vicki 6 March 2011 at 11:20  

I read Clan Of The cave Bear about 15 years ago (!) and loved it then...I won a copy this week and looking forward to reading it again! And I'm glad you liked Rosebush as I'll be reading that soon...excited!

kirsty at the overflowing library 6 March 2011 at 11:31  

i love your accent - very English!

Rosebush is amazing - looking forward to your review!

Ellie 6 March 2011 at 12:52  

I've added 'Rosebush' and 'The Body Finder' to the old wishlist off the back of your video, ta for that... I bought 'The Clan of the Cave Bear' recently - sadly NOT with the Brown/Meyer/Larsson timeline on the back - so we'll see how we both get on! Glad you liked the book and the card sweetie. :-)

Annie 6 March 2011 at 13:43  

Ooh looks good! Will check out Rosebush review now. :) Have a great week.

Annie 6 March 2011 at 13:46  

No review yet! Oh no! :)

Lisa (Lisa's World of Books) 6 March 2011 at 14:43  

I love getting a mixed bag of books in a week. Enjoy your reading. Here is My Mailbox

Tasha 6 March 2011 at 15:11  

Fab books this week. Hope you enjoy them! I'm reading Jenna and Jonah at the moment. You can see what I got in my mailbox here.

Books for Company 6 March 2011 at 15:45  

l so want to read Rosebush! Glad you really liked it =)
Books For Company

Small Review 6 March 2011 at 16:30  

Nice week. Have you read 7 Souls by Barnabas Miller and Jordan Orlando? Rosebush reminded me a lot of that book.

My mailbox + Giveaway

.

Effie 6 March 2011 at 16:32  

I'm a new follower also! Great IMM! Haven't read any of them but I have a few!
Check out my blog and follow along as well!
Thanks.
Blake (The Book Bell)
http://thebookbell.blogspot.com

Christina T 6 March 2011 at 16:41  

I liked Desires of the Dead although I prefer The Body Finder. The Reformed Vampire Support Group sounds like a funny book.

Just So Jess 6 March 2011 at 16:56  

Definitely a mixed bunch of books but they all sound really good.
Enjoy all your books :D

Sally 6 March 2011 at 17:04  

Great books. I loved Rosebush too.
Juat waiting for Desires of the Dead to arrive.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-9.html

Tynga 6 March 2011 at 18:19  

What a great bunch of books =)
I hope you enjoy Desire of the Dead!

Feel free to check my IMM *winks*
Tynga

Alison Can Read 6 March 2011 at 18:44  

Fab reads! I'm especially interested in Reformed Vampire Support Group.
My IMM

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP