Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

February Round-Off

 Wednesday 2 March 2011

Great Scott! I rather dislike the rate at which this year is flying past me and considering how much I lapsed in my blogging duties last month I have a mighty amount of catching up to do before I can really get stuck into my March reading.

Generally it was a kinda meh month, my personal life was a bit chaotic with my long-term relationship coming to an end on the 1st and for much of the month I was feeling rather apathetic towards reading, blogging and various other things hence why everything got rather quiet round here... But hopefully now that Spring is Coming *crosses fingers* the blog will burst into blooms of productivity and I won't fall so woefully behind with my reviews.

Books Read in February
22. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney
23. Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper
24. The Pain Merchants by Janice Hardy
25. Ghost of a Chance by Rhiannon Lassiter
26. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
27. Forest Born by Shannon Hale
28. Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce
29. Forget You by Jennifer Echols (Re-read, Review from Last Year)
30. A Lost Lady by Willa Cather
31. Return to Paradise by Simone Elkeles
32. Alpha by Rachel Vincent
33. Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
34. Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison
35. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers

I will be doing my best to get reviews done for at least 6 of those remaining 10 books in the next week or so as I really don't want to be spending March posting only my February reviews :S

Books Reviewed in February
Some stragglers from January!
Soulless by Gail Carriger
Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Other Posts of Note
Excepting the usual Sunday & Monday memes I didn't really post anything all that interesting but we did have a whole month's worth of the zany Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them feature that is co-hosted by myself and the lovely Jess of Jess Hearts Books. Do go check out all four yummy picks
Covers So Lovely #6
Covers So Lovely #7
Covers So Lovely #8
Covers So Lovely #9

Favourite Book of the Month

Although I've not yet written my review for this book (it's gonna be next I promise) I have to say that this was the most heart-pounding book I'd read in a while and with the gallons of tension just between Violet and Jay I'm surprised the book doesn't just spontaneously combust! I can't wait to read Desires of the Dead and I'm rather lucky that I have a vair generous Book Fairy who's sent me her paperback copy *smooches*.
Honourable Mention goes to Sing Me to Sleep for being such a beautifully heart-wrenching read *sob*

What to Expect in March
Well truth be told I don't really know what's gonna happen, I mainly want to keep up to date with my reviews and if I get a hankering to write some kind of non-review post then I'll actually try and finish it unlike several other posts of a similar nature that are still loitering in the Drafts section of Blogger. I may try getting some kind of questionnaire put together to gauge people's opinion and see if there is any changes that can be made to the general format of the blog and god forbid I might think about changing the background design *le gasp*. But everything's a bit in flux really so we'll see how things go.

I hope everyone has had a less blah February than me and here's to the Oncoming Spring!
LadyV

1 comments:

Liz. R 2 March 2011 at 21:54  

Great Scott? Little Back to the Future reference there? :P. And ah! The Body Finder! I STILL haven't read it yet, though I've been meaning to for months. And excited to see what your new background will be if you do decide to change it (I love your current one too).

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP