Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them #5

 Thursday 13 January 2011

Howdy all tis another Thursday and that means it's time for more lip-smackingly gorgeous covers!

Covers So Lovely We'd Lick Them!
The new feature co-created and co-hosted by LadyViolet and Jess hearts books where we show off a book cover which we find so damn scrumptious that we'd actually be willing to lick it!
Every week we each pick a different cover so be sure to check both blogs!

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
This week's pick is a tad different because it doesn't actually look like a photographed cover (I don't know whether it is or not but that's my impression). Either way I really love the cover for the second book in this Fantasy series. 
When you look at it in person the picture almost looks like it was painted and the colours are fabulous and rich. Plus I think the women's dress is fantastic and the hook is rather bad-ass - I wonder if it actually has significance in the book? (I haven't read it yet so I don't know). It's one of those covers that you *know* is for a fantasy book without being hideously cheesy and gaudy. 

All the covers for this series have the look of being paintings rather than photographs and they're all gorgeous but I especially love the green of this cover. It's also a really good series - I thoroughly enjoyed The Thief and I'll probably be starting this book shortly.

So that's What I'm Licking this week, head over to Jess's blog to find out what she's Licking This Week
Adios amigos!
LadyV

3 comments:

Jess 13 January 2011 at 12:02  

I really want to read this series. It sounds fab and I've read good reviews for The Thief. Will have to buy it soon!

Golden Eagle 13 January 2011 at 19:15  

I read The Thief and enjoyed it (although I guessed the ending), and I agree with you on the covers in the series!

Marg 16 January 2011 at 21:00  

The hook is totally significant in the story, and yes, these covers are amazing aren't they!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP