Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Howdy folks, since this Tuesday was feeling a bit empty and all I decided to get all listy and participate in this week's Top Ten meme.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature created at The Broke and the Bookish because they rather like making lists and love to share them with their fellow bloggers!
Ten Books I want to read in 2011
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Everyone and their auntie have been raving about this book and since my copy just arrived this morning *pats book beside her* it's going to be one of my top priorities this year.
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray - I have been putting off reading this mammoth book for a couple of years now but since I finally read Rebel Angels last year I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet this year, even if it is scarily big.
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak - I know I must be one of the last people on the planet who hasn't read this but I've been wary about the hype and the one time I actually started it I didn't get past page 40. But I shall try again and see how I go.
- All the Things We didn't Say by Sara Shepard - I received this as part of an Early Review program back in February and I still haven't got round to reading it. Must do it soon!
- The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness - Since I adored the Knife of Never Letting Go I really need to get on with reading the other two books in the trilogy.
- The Dark Divine by Bree Despain - Why haven't I read this yet? Who knows but I will get to it in the next few months.
- Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - I have so many classics I should read so this one is as good a place as any to start.
- The Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks - I did get a fair way into this High Fantasy book but then I got distracted by other books and never went back to it. I want to re-start it so I can read the others in the trilogy.
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller - It's one of those books you kinda have to read n'est-ce pas?
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - I've read 3 Austen books this is one of the 3 I have left to read.
So that's my list of books that I wholly intend to read in 2011 *snorts* although whether I actually do will remain to be seen since I am notoriously bad for making a list and ignoring it entirely.
Have a great Tuesday y'all