Friday, 11 June 2010
Evening folks, terribly sorry for the general lack of posting these last few days, I've been in a rather lethargic mood and haven't really had the mental energy to write reviews (which I badly need to do) or come up with any other vaguely original post. Since last Sunday I've almost mindlessly devoured nearly two seasons of Stargate SG-1 which is one of my nerdiest guilty pleasures but it's all I can really concentrate on right now. This weekend I will try and get some posts done and hopefully next week I'll be able to have a fairly regular week of blogging before I go away for two weeks - I'll have to see if I can get several reviews ready to post over that time so the blog won't be completely silent until I get back.
Now that I've waffled long enough I shall get back to the point of this post which is to share with you lovely people the books I'm hoping to get read this summer before I go back to University at the end of September.
My TBR list according to LibraryThing is currently at 108 books although I have at least 5 books in the Currently Reading collection. I want to try and cut down my TBR pile and buy fewer new books this summer so I can feel slightly less guilty when I read a book I bought that day over a book which I've had over a year.
Books to Read this Summer
- Complete Novels of Jane Austen (not all in one go but I'd like to read all of them over the holiday)
- The Gemma Doyle trilogy (I have read this first book but I want to re-read it before I tackle the others)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (It's just one of those books that you kind of have to read)
- The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick (For my Books off the Shelf challenge)
- The last 4 Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (For my BotS Challenge)
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks (I started the 1st book ages ago and got sidetracked)
- By Royal Command by Charlie Higson (the last Young James Bond book)
- All the Things we Didn't Say by Sara Shepard (my ER book which I need to finish)
- Four Daphne du Maurier books (For my Monthly du Maurier challenge)
- Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (For my BotS challenge)
- Sepulchre by Kate Mosse (Also for my BotS challenge)