Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Summer Reading List

 Friday 11 June 2010

Evening folks, terribly sorry for the general lack of posting these last few days, I've been in a rather lethargic mood and haven't really had the mental energy to write reviews (which I badly need to do) or come up with any other vaguely original post. Since last Sunday I've almost mindlessly devoured nearly two seasons of Stargate SG-1 which is one of my nerdiest guilty pleasures but it's all I can really concentrate on right now. This weekend I will try and get some posts done and hopefully next week I'll be able to have a fairly regular week of blogging before I go away for two weeks - I'll have to see if I can get several reviews ready to post over that time so the blog won't be completely silent until I get back.

Now that I've waffled long enough I shall get back to the point of this post which is to share with you lovely people the books I'm hoping to get read this summer before I go back to University at the end of September.
My TBR list according to LibraryThing is currently at 108 books although I have at least 5 books in the Currently Reading collection. I want to try and cut down my TBR pile and buy fewer new books this summer so I can feel slightly less guilty when I read a book I bought that day over a book which I've had over a year.

Books to Read this Summer

  1. Complete Novels of Jane Austen (not all in one go but I'd like to read all of them over the holiday)
  2. The Gemma Doyle trilogy (I have read this first book but I want to re-read it before I tackle the others)
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (It's just one of those books that you kind of have to read)
  4. The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick (For my Books off the Shelf challenge)
  5. The last 4 Sherlock Holmes books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (For my BotS Challenge)
  6. American Gods by Neil Gaiman 
  7. The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks (I started the 1st book ages ago and got sidetracked)
  8. By Royal Command by Charlie Higson (the last Young James Bond book)
  9. All the Things we Didn't Say by Sara Shepard (my ER book which I need to finish)
  10. Four Daphne du Maurier books (For my Monthly du Maurier challenge)
  11. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse (For my BotS challenge)
  12. Sepulchre by Kate Mosse (Also for my BotS challenge)
That's all I'll put on the list that I'd really like to get read because my reading mood can change rather dramatically so I might spend several weeks re-reading books I really like instead of reading books I've got on my TBR pile. There's enough variety there to suit several different moods and I really hope I can get most if not all of those books crossed off. If you add up the multiples of books for each entry there's actually 27 books in total on that list which will be a fair target to reach over the next 3 months although I reckon I can do it even with re-reads of other books. 

So there you go that's my hopeful Summer Reading list, not including the books I'm anticipating getting in the next few months - hello Mockingjay anyone? Those books will probably be read straight away regardless of any commitments I may have ;-)
Anyways I'd best be off as it's getting kinda late and I want to actually get some reading done before I go to sleep.
Ever Lazy
LadyV

2 comments:

Dazzling Mage 12 June 2010 at 11:07  

Oooh, GREAT books to read this summer! You'll really enjoy Gaiman, Austen and Zusak! =D

Mrs. DeRaps 12 June 2010 at 13:44  

The Book Thief is absolutely one of the books that you just have to read. I'm reading it now for the fourth time. Great list--Good luck!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP