Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

It's Monday What are you Reading (4)

 Monday 7 June 2010

Good morning! I keep forgetting how fast time is going this year as it's Monday again already!
Last week was a rather slow week for me reading and blogging-wise but I'm hoping to be able to sort out a schedule for my posts so that they're not too infrequent. But anyway to more important matters


It's Monday What are you Reading? is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Sheila @One Person's Journey through a World of Books where we gather to share what we read this past week and what we plan on reading this coming week. It's a great way to meet other bloggers and find new titles to put on our reading lists.

Books I read last Week
Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris (Review coming soon)

Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine (Review Coming Soon)

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

My bad for not getting any reviews up last week, I'm going to try and get several done this week. If you want to know my thoughts on a specific book that I've read so far this year then check out my 75 Book Challenge Page here and comment on this post with what book(s) you'd be interested in seeing a review of because I'm not going to be able to review *all* 98 books that I've read so far.

Books I'm Currently Reading


The Life of Charlotte Bronte by Elizabeth Gaskell - I'm only a little way into this but I'm hoping to make progress this week.


Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell - I haven't made much progress with this either since last week


A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin - I've only read a few pages so far but I loved the first book so I should get through this quite quickly once I get to it.

Books I'm planning to read this week
Aside from those three above I won't put many books here because I don't know how much time I'm going to have to read this week so I may not even finish anything *gasp* because my parents are determined for me to be doing something useful all the time (I've been home from Uni all of three days and I'm already kinda wishing I was still there) so for the rest of today I've got to be getting a load of ironing done which won't be all bad as I've borrowed a truckload of dvd boxsets off my uncle (Kudos to anyone who can guess what TV show I'll be watching - clue= I'm a right nerd for Sci-Fi tv shows).

Persuasion by Jane Austen - I've got a hankering to read this one of Austen's books out of my huge compendium because of all the Austen Mania over at Book Rat where Misty is hosting the awesome Jane in June which is going on all month. Since I've only read Pride & Prejudice although I've seen adaptations of all the others except Persuasion, I decided that this month should be when I go a little Austen crazy as well.

So that's what I've got lined up for this week- What are You reading?
Also I have a 75 Followers Giveaway going on until the 16th June so please enter Here
LadyV

7 comments:

Jackie 7 June 2010 at 13:07  

Lady V,you are after my own heart with your taste in reading. Mine is very eclectic and mostly tends toward the Paranormal Genre but love Romance both Contemporary and Historical, YA and High Fantasy so to find another George RR Martin reader is a good thing or me. I hope you get the entire series and read it because it gets better! My Monday is here: http://jacaburintexas.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-june.html

jackie b central texas

BTW have a book giveaway going on there until 6/9/2010 also...

Lydia 7 June 2010 at 13:24  

Oh! I need to re-read those George R R Martin books .. such a fantastic series.

Here is my Monday!

Sheila (Bookjourney) 7 June 2010 at 13:45  

Charlotte Bronte looks good. I want to read that and a few others around the Brontes as well. Have a good week!

Laurel-Rain Snow 7 June 2010 at 21:20  

Very interesting titles! Love the look of the Charlotte Bronte book.

Here are mine:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

The1stdaughter 7 June 2010 at 22:33  

I love Charlaine Harris and have Grave Secret setting on my shelf right now. I need to read it! But I also have Dead in the Family on the Same shelf. Ugh. Too many great books too little time!

Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

Christina T 8 June 2010 at 00:38  

It took me awhile to get through Cranford even with the motivation of watching the DVDs when I was finished reading. I did enjoy Persuasion. It is one of my favorite Jane Austen novels (after P&P).

Have a great week!

-Book Lovers Delight 8 June 2010 at 07:07  

Lady V. I love your book blog and I am now a follower. When you get a chance, come check out Book Lovers Delight.

At the moment I am reading Burn by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. This vampire series is amazing.

I am also enchanted by Jane Austen and her memorable character's. My fav is Mr. Darcy.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP