Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #45

 Sunday 10 April 2011

Lovely followers I would say that this was the worst week of my life but that wouldn't be true, up until Thursday afternoon this week was pretty great actually. Then everything fell apart when my Grandad died. I'm sorry to be so horrifically blunt about it but I'd rather not dance about the fact that it happened although I'm still so utterly shell-shocked and devastated it's amazing I'm even doing a post today.
I am sorry to start this on such a bleak note but I felt you guys needed to know why there is no video showing all of this week's books - I cannot sit in front of my webcam and act like everything is normal when it most definitely is not.

In my Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi of The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie

I did make a video on Wednesday when I received the most amazing package from Sasha Soren, the author of Random Magic, and despite what's happened since then I still want to show it to you guys because it was genuinely wonderful moment and I am so grateful to Sasha for taking the time to send me such a lovely gift that really was the highlight of my week.





What was inside the Package

A copy of Random Magic by Sasha Soren
Two Random Magic Postcards
An Awesome letter full of loveliness from Sasha
A little square of raspberry-filled dark chocolate
A packet of peppermint tea leaves
A oldy-worldy illustrated bookmark
A PURPLE DUCK!

Books I also acquired this week
Pretty Bad Things by C.J Skuse (Borrowed from Library)
Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt (Borrowed from Library)
Prisoner of the Inquisition by  Theresa Breslin (Borrowed from Library)
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (Already finished it)

So that is what I got in my Mailbox this Week, Apologies for the earlier bombshell I will not be talking about it again on the blog but I am determined to continue blogging with a reasonable amount of normality although I can't guarantee that my posts are going to have anywhere near their usual amount of crazy peppiness. I'm hoping that this blog and all you awesome folk will keep my mind occupied during this incredibly difficult time.

What's in your Mailbox this week?
LadyV

4 comments:

Unknown 10 April 2011 at 10:10  

The little squee you did when you saw the purple duck was hilarious! xD

In My Mailbox

Unknown 10 April 2011 at 10:35  

Oh my, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose your grandad. I adored mine and it crushed me when he passed away. He is he reason I love all things creative and the reason I write. But even though it hurts like hell right now, I promise you in time you'll be able to think of all the wonderful memories he has given you and it may make you cry a little but it will make you smile a lot.

Eden 10 April 2011 at 17:28  

Oh Lord, I'm so sorry for your grandfather.

Ellie 11 April 2011 at 10:43  

Hey sweetie, this is a really brave post... I don't think any of your followers minds you talking about your grandfather, he was obviously a huge part of your life and I think it's a nice nod to him to tell the world how great he was! I'm sending virtual waves of 'hugs, tea and lots of chocolate' to you as we speak, okay? Much love, xxx

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP