Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

You Know You're Doing Nanowrimo When...

 Thursday 28 October 2010

.... Random stuff starts to happen in your story without your say-so!
I know I've read despairing posts from people on the NaNo Forums saying that their characters were holding mutinies and doing what they liked but I've never really had that problem myself - but I suppose that's because I've never properly written out my story ideas, they tend to just live in my head like little movies *cough*

But that all changed the other day when one of my Bad Guy's henchmen decided to inform me that he is *not* complicit with Bad Guy's nefarious activities and he is only still working for him because his twin brother (who is of equal magical power) *is* complicit. They've grown apart since they started working for the Bad Guy (most people don't really know how much of a bad guy he is) so the Bad Twin could be ordered to kill his own brother should he decide to defect and probably have no qualms about doing it.

To counteract the rather negative impression that working for an arrogant, rather power-hungry warlock can create, Luc (my defecting HenchTwin) tries to be the voice of reason and present the more moral options when a decision regarding punishment or law enforcement is put before the King (Oh bugger I forgot to say, the Bad Guy is the King of Sous-Paris where all the paranormal folk live). I think he wants to help Celestine (my FMC) cos the King *really* doesn't like her and he may even be ambitious enough to try and claw his way up to potential romantic interest. He's not developed much further than that and I don't really know what he's done while working for the King but I reckon it's not all pretty. We'll see what happens I guess.

I had a bit of giggle earlier while outlining Chapter 9 cos there's gonna be a scene with a trebuchet. Yep you heard me - a full blown medieval trebuchet. There's an awesome thread on the forums here where people can decide to include a Trebuchet somewhere in their novel. Even if it a contemporary novel (sort of like mine is) the challenge is to write a scene where this awesome siege engine appears. My Trebuchet scene is gonna be taking place in the Louvre (in Paris obvs) on a Tuesday which is when the museum is actually closed. My MMC is an archaeologist and is currently working in the Egyptian Antiquities department. So on this nice Tuesday many of the staff congregate in the Court Carre (That big square courtyard behind the pyramid) as some the chaps from the Medieval dept. have built a miniature trebuchet and of course I imagine that there's nothing that a bunch of highly educated historians enjoy more that flinging rubbers (ERASERS US-folk) and lumps of dirt across the massive courtyard in the Louvre.

Three Days Left :O *faints*
Oh but on the bright side, today my bf said that he's thinking about doing NaNo as well *happy dances* I was sooo not sure as to how I was gonna explain my scary bag-lady appearance and ink-splodged hands when I go to visit him next week so I think it's wonderful that he'll be writing like a fiend alongside me!
*sickeningly gooey sigh*

LadyV

3 comments:

Magnus 28 October 2010 at 22:34  

I think all attatched nanowrimers have a duty, no, *need* to involve the other half.

Allison 29 October 2010 at 02:46  

Okay, so this is not related to NaNoWriMo, but I had to share your dismay about the Numair book being so far away. I remember in high school how upset I was that it was supposed to be released in 2009... I absolutely love Numair. He actually reminds me of my physics professor, which was kind of awkward, because I wasn't always thinking about physics in class haha.

Anyways... Yes. I cannot believe how long we have to wait for our Numair book!

Ellie 30 October 2010 at 23:21  

Ohhh, I like the sound of your plot! Though I must say I've just watched 'Pillars of the Earth' and am thus immediately imagining all your nice male characters as Eddie Redmayne. Sorry about that, lustful woman-at-large let loose on the blogosphere!

And I giggled so much at your hasty US-friendly definition of 'rubbers'... hehe! ;-)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP