Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

The Road to NanoWriMo - Part 2

 Wednesday 27 October 2010

Holy frozen badguys! We're only 4 freaking days away from the start of NaNoWriMo!! *dies*
I know that there's a lot of my fellow book bloggers taking the plunge this year and although this is gonna be my first year attempting it I'm feeling strangely happy about starting. I've got a story idea that I'm really invested in, a bunch of characters that I'm gonna have a whole ruck of fun with and I've actually got the first 8 chapters outlined with a reasonable amount of detail (Yesterday I hand-wrote three and bit pages for Ch. 8) and I currently know what's gonna happen in the next few after that. 

Once November starts I may go into scarily-stressed mode and terrify everyone around me (my flatmates don't know I'm doing Nano and I don't think they'd really understand if I *did* tell them). I'm hoping that that doesn't happen since I kind of need to be able to keep my head so I can do my Uni work and not let my grades slip. It's gonna be an interesting test of my time management skills and whether I can stop procrastinating huge chunks of my day away. Hmm well what I can do is procrastinate my uni work by working on my novel and procrastinate my novel by doing my work if ever I get stuck. :P

During November itself this here blog may grind to a halt although I am gonna try and schedule a few posts  of a non-Nano nature in case y'all get sick of my wittering on about it. But other than that I will probably do very quick word count update posts and maybe a small excerpt here and there for your viewing pleasure (or not if it happens to be crap). Don't expect many if any book reviews as heck knows if I'll get any reading done with all the crazy writing shiz going on. 

So any other blogging Nanoers, if you wanna add me as a buddy I'm LadyViolet (who else?) and hopefully we'll get through this month together! 

Good luck to those taking part and let's get ready to rock 'n' roll!
LadyV

4 comments:

Christina / Book Addict 27 October 2010 at 19:04  

I am doing this as well- I will have to friend you on there. I am completely overwhelmed by the whole idea, but I figured....why not! I'm chris327 on there!

Autumn 27 October 2010 at 19:38  

I'm doing it for the first time too! Only 4 days away?? Where did October go? I'm AutumnCro on Nano. I'll add you.

Tesni 27 October 2010 at 19:50  

This is my second year doing NaNo- it's great fun, and despite the stress it's heaps of fun and very satisfying at the end. Good luck!

Jennie 28 October 2010 at 02:22  

I'm doing Nano too and getting excited about it! Good luck!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP