Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Happy Birthday to Me!! (Contest Winner as well)

 Friday 8 October 2010

I know that I should have done this post yesterday but I had to get up horribly early for a class and I spent a good deal of last night trying (and mostly failing) to do some work for a class I had today. Plus I lost the vlog I made yesterday showing my birthday presents when safari crashed before it finished uploading *grr*

But now I have a vlog full of awesome and I'm gonna have a Winner for my Birthday Bonanza Contest momentarily.

First off I'll show you what lovely awesome things I got for my birthday (most of them are books lol)



When the books that I bought with my Amazon voucher arrive then you'll see them in next week's IMM perhaps. A big Uber Thank You to Jess and Ellie for their gifts (Jess's being books and Ellie's the money to buy more books :P). Although the actual day of my birthday wasn't massively eventful since I had classes and stuff to do, I will be going out tomorrow up to the Student Union for the Back-to-School night which should be an awesome way to celebrate my birthday two days late.

However I did go for a walk with my flatmate Lucy yesterday and I took some photos of the Seafront where I live which I would like to show y'all.

This here is Constitution Hill which is actually rather nice to walk up (or if you're lazy there's a little train-thingy). Last year I lived in one of those sandy-coloured buildings by the sea.

This is the Old College (it's part of the Uni but I don't have any classes there). Doesn't it just look like Hogwarts?? Seriously?

And *this* is one of the reasons that I love living here so much - we get some gorgeous sunsets although I was a little early to get a really good photo but just looking at the sea is really peaceful y'know?

So I hope you liked that small taster of Wales :P

Now onto Important Matters!!!
4 weeks ago I announced my Birthday Bonanza contest with the prize for one lucky winner being their choice of any book (or two depending on price) from The Book Depository up to the value of £20 since I was turning 20 years old I thought it appropriate.
Now I've had 84 entries in total which is amazing so now I shall use Random.org to select a winner...

AND THE WINNER IS... KAREN FROM THE USA!! 
(I will be emailing her shortly and she'll have 48 hours to reply with mailing address and book choices)

Wahey!! Eventually I'll get another review up for My Favs Fortnight - I'm sorry for the disruption but since my classes started I've been feeling really exhausted and doing two massively gushy and long reviews in a row wiped me out mentally and I'm having a hard time mustering up the enthusiasm to write up the next few Favs. But never fear they shall be done although the reviews for the Harry Potter book and the Narnia book will be *much* shorter as there's very little I can say about them that people don't already know. 

I also will be having two guest posts over the next week from my dear friends and blogging buddies Jess of Jess Hearts Books and Ellie from Musings of a Bookshop Girl. Jess is gonna be talking about her love of the Harry Potter series and Ellie has got a review of one of her favourite books - Books, Baguettes, and Bedbugs by Jeremy Mercer. If you haven't heard of it then she will soon change that and have you wanting to go out and buy it tout de suite!

So that's what's been happening and what's in store for y'all. 
Hope everyone has had a fab week!
LadyV (now a whole year older) 

9 comments:

Jess 8 October 2010 at 20:25  

Love the vlog and the pics, glad you had a nice birthday and liked your pressies hun! :)

Liz 8 October 2010 at 21:28  

Excellent haul of books! I love your photos :) Happy belated birthday!

Ellie 8 October 2010 at 21:51  

Looks like you used the cash well, my darling! I just had this horrible image of me and Jess both buying you the same books or something, so I thought this solved the problem... Love the Edward Monkton pants - and I just started collecting Stargate SG-1 again! My boyf at uni had them all so now I'm buying my own box sets at last.

Oh, and you'll be pleased to know that I've managed to come away from your vlog with a few more books to add to my wishlist - again!

Ellie 8 October 2010 at 21:56  

P.S. Love your pics - oh, how I'd love to live by the sea!

Golden Eagle 8 October 2010 at 23:08  

Happy (belated) birthday! :D I love the vlog.

Mrs. DeRaps 8 October 2010 at 23:38  

I love the UK covers for the Hunger series. Happy birthday and let us know what you think about all of your books!

Cass 9 October 2010 at 00:25  

Happy birthday! Next year you'll be 21. :) Hope you enjoy the ride, and I'm still watching your vlog. Nice books! And that jumper looks really comfy. :)

Janet Johnson 9 October 2010 at 01:31  

Happy Birthday, one day late! And wow . . . I NEED to visit Wales. Beautiful!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP