Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Writing Ray - Almost a bit of a Milestone *confetti*

 Sunday 16 February 2014

Good Morning m'lovelies! Tis quite a nice Sunday here in the Shire (of Derby) there is actual sunshine which is novel although I shan't be venturing outside to check how warm it really is.

For anyone who's been following my tweets this past month and half you'll know that I've kind of been abusing the #writing hashtag as I've been working on my story/book/novel (I've been unsure about what to term it). Compared to all the authors I follow my progress is minuscule but for *me* it's incredible and I felt a bit of  a celebration was in order.

So last night when I finished what was the 11th complete scene my book stood at 27,337 words, up until a short while ago I was fairly confident that this project was now the longest piece of creative writing that I'd ever done to date. Turns out because of how I left my Nanowrimo story from 2010 the whole draft file was missing the part of Chapter 9 that I'd not finished so it was about 1800 words shorter than it should be.

Due to this I actually have 500 words to go until 2014 WIP becomes the longest thing I've ever written but that isn't too bad cos now I have an excuse to WRITE MORE! *dances*

So I shall save the real celebration for when I've finished my next scene... this was a bizarrely useless post.

But I just wanted to share it with y'all :D
Laters
Ray

2 comments:

Anonymous,  16 February 2014 at 12:17  

Almost a bit of a milestone still deserves celebration - particularly if there's cake and/or chocolate involved! Well done on your writing, I bet it's amazing :)
I hope you're having a lovely weekend! xxx

Jess 16 February 2014 at 12:41  

Congrats twinnie! *Pops the champagne* it's such a milestone and you should feel very proud of yourself.

P.S As her early reader can I just tell everybody reading this how brilliant her story actually is!?

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP