Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

What *did* I read in February?

 Saturday 1 March 2014

You know it's possibly the first time I've got the end of a month and really cannot recall if I read any books. I spend so much of the time that I would normally spend reading, on writing my book right now that it's murdering my reading totals.

On the face of it this February has not been my worst *ever* reading month, I'm pretty sure that there has been a month where I only read 5 books - I'm right it was November 2012. In the past 28 days I have read 6 books and as won't be surprising to most people who know me, half of those were re-reads :P

I re-read the first two books of Marissa Meyer's fantabulous Lunar Chronicles; Cinder and Scarlet before I devoured Cress in a few hours. I already am a big fan of Fairy Tale retellings and the fact that this series is just that but with a SCI-FI TWIST makes it even more awesome. I love all of Marissa's characters, except the Lunar queen obvs (what a cow) and Cress is so adorable with Thorn that I feel like some kind of bloody Admiral with all the ships I have got sailing (Damn Marissa you got some 'splaining do the Wolf/Scarlet front).

After my sojourn to New Beijing I took a much needed trip back to see how Juliette and Warner were getting on in Ignite Me. *pours bucket of icy water over self*

DAMN IT ALL TAHEREH ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?! Cos you bloody well succeeded. Your whole series had me sitting there grinning like a fool and squealing with delight. I have never in ALL MY LIFE had a complete reversal of feelings towards a character as I had with Warner. That sexy, adorable bastard. The intensity of his scenes with Juliette were enough to set me and the house alight and it was all I could do to sit there reading with a straight face (Tumblr is good training for that shit). The Shatter Me series is going to become a staple re-read for me every year methinks and until Tahereh writes something new I'll be pining away for her lusciously beautiful writing.

I also read Unite Me, which was the gawjuss bind-up of Destroy Me and Fracture Me by the aforementioned Goddess. As you might expect my fav of the two by a country mile was Destroy Me because WARNER POV! *flails* I could easily read the entire series through his eyes and rather hope Tahereh might do more novellas in his POV *bats eyelashes* PRETTY PLEASE? Is it really wrong of me that the main upside to Fracture Me was that I get to see Kenji? Julienji is now a particular BroTP for me.

Finally I re-read Fangirl by the current Queen of Contemp Rainbow Rowell. I read the e-book last year while I was supposed to be doing my final prep for my Spanish speaking test and since I passed I have no regrets about doing it. I recently bought the amazingly designed paperback and HOLY BALLS THE ARTWORK GUYS! Seriously this is why I love having physical copies of books because there is just no comparison to having the awesome colour illustrations of Cath, Levi and the gang inside the front and back covers while you're merrily reading away.

So to sum up my February reading went as follows
Cinder by Marissa Meyer *RE-READ* 4.5 Stars
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer *RE-READ* 4.5 Stars
Cress by Marissa Meyer 4.5 Stars
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi 5 Stars
Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi 4.5 Stars (Most of that for Destroy Me)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell *RE-READ* 4.5 Stars

Overall a pretty good month, both in terms of reading and writing. If you don't follow my twitter then you may not have seen that I passed 32K on my 2014 Writing Project *confetti* I'll be doing another post for my "Writing Ray" blog series in which I may vair well give you a look at the Prologue to the as-yet unnamed book. Due to my weird writing style in which I'm doing from about half-way until the end first and then going back to write to the middle, the only unspoilery bit I have that I can show y'all is the Prologue.

Hope everyone is having a Good Saturday
Til I post again
Ray

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP