Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Really, Super-duper Late January Round-off!

 Thursday 4 February 2010

Oh god I'm such a bad blogger!! I keep promising to do posts and then I don't! I won't try to make excuses for myself because it's mostly laziness which is stopping me- that and the fact that posts take me a heck of a long time to write and I really should use my free time for other stuff as well *grumble stupid work gripe*. Anyway I'm trying to rectify things by finally doing the January summary post that I'd said I would do on Monday (I've not realised how fast this week has vanished).

Ok, well January was a very productive month when it comes to book-buying and reading. I read 23 books during the month but unfortunately I bought 26 books so I'm not doing too great at reducing my TBR pile. Although it hasn't hit 100 books yet, it is hovering around the 90 book mark so I have to make sure I don't buy *anything* during February that's not needed for my studies (I did buy two books off amazon last night for Spanish so they don't count :P).

Since I'm probably not going to have time to do separate reviews for every book I read in January I'll just post the list of the books I read and leave a link at the bottom to my thread on LibraryThing where you can find my rather naff attempts at reviews.

January
1. The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien (2/1/2010 AM)
2. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris (3/1/2010 AM)
3. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (5/1/2010 AM)
4. The Gift by Alison Croggon (6/1/2010 AM)
5. The Maps of Tolkien's Middle-earth by Brian Sibley (7/1/2010 AM)
6. Darke Academy: Secret Lives by Gabriella Poole (9/1/2010 AM)
7. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (9/1/2010 AM)
8. The Marsh King's Daughter by Elizabeth Chadwick (11/1/2010 AM)
9. Dingo by Charles de Lint (11/1/2010 PM)
10. The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander (13/1/2010 AM)
11. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (16/1/2010 AM)
12. The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch (17/1/2010 AM)
13. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (20/1/2010 AM)
14. A Place beyond Courage by Elizabeth Chadwick (21/1/2010 AM)
15. Pagan's Vows by Catherine Jinks (22/1/2010 AM)
16. Alanna: L'Epreuve by Tamora Pierce (23/1/2010 PM)
17. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (27/1/2010 AM)
18. Fallen by Lauren Kate (28/1/2010 AM)
19. The Secret Circle vol. 1 by L.J. Smith (28/1/2010 PM)
20. The Secret Circle vol. 2 by L.J. Smith (29/1/2010 PM)
21. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (30/1/2010 AM)
22. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (31/1/2010 AM)
23. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (31/1/2010 PM)


The bolded books are my Five Star reads for this month. The books which are italicised are books which count towards my Books off the Shelf Challenge, the aim of which is to reduce the number of books on my long-standing TBR pile by 50. Any books which were in my library *before* the 1st December 2009 can count for this challenge- the rest will only count towards my 75 Book Challenge (link goes to my thread where the "reviews" are). 

Also on a blog-related note: I'm now up to 18 followers!! :D I'm honestly amazed I have any considering how inconsistent I am with posting (I still need to do an award post since Serpentine Librarian @The Serpentine Library passed on the Bliss (Happy 101) award to me which I totally wasn't expecting and I need to pass it on as well). But yea, so thank you to the people who are following me - I may do a rather crazy, happy post when I get to 25 followers.
Hope everyone's having a good Thursday
LadyV 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP