Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #3

 Sunday 7 February 2010

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren

Good morning folks! (apologies in advance for any spelling mistakes- I am writing this at 1:35am and I've just got in from a night out so things may get a little squeewiff)

This week I've been quite a good girl and only bought two books. Both were from my beloved Oxfam bookshop and only set me back £4.50 which is much improved on last weeks bookapalooza.
I bought The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley and A Lost Lady by Willa Cather. Both were pretty random purchases as I've never read anything by either author before, but I mooched another book by Willa Cather the other day which should hopefully arrive before the end of the month along with my other mooch - The White Horse by Jules Watson (I'm fairly sure that's the right name but my mind is very fuzzy at this time). So I thought that I should try another book by Cather before the mooch arrived to see if I liked her work.

I can safely say that while this week has been quite restrained- next week is going to be a mess. I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Oxford at the weekend and there are lots of second-hand bookstores close by which we *will* be making the rounds of, so I'm probably going to come back with about 10 books or something ridiculous like that. I'm going to try my best not to buy any full-price books and not to buy so much that I have to have an extra bag to carry them back on the train but knowing me and how my bf and I egg each other on to buy bargain books it's gonna turn into a buying frenzy (which I won't regret at all).

Well seeing as it's nearly 2am here in old Blighty I'm going to go to sleep now, or I may just carry on with the book I've been reading for a group read on LibraryThing which is the World Without End by Ken Follett. It's the last week and I want to get it finished this weekend.
Anyways c'est tout pour ce week-end
Bonne Nuit!
LadyV

6 comments:

Christina T 7 February 2010 at 02:07  

Good morning! It is 9 p.m. on Saturday here in Ohio. I've never read Willa Cather but I have read The Mists of Avalon. Have you seen the movie?

Here is my IMM for this week.

Ray 7 February 2010 at 14:52  

Af'noon! I haven't seen the movie no- I didn't actually know there was one but thanks for telling me, I shall have to try and look for it once I've read the book. When I actually read the Cather books I'll put a review up on here (eep I really do need to do some reviews). Thanks for dropping by!

So Many Books, So Little Time 7 February 2010 at 16:34  

Hope you enjoy them all and have fun book shopping!

Emily 7 February 2010 at 16:49  

I haven't read either of these titles but I've heard good things about The Mists of Avalon. Enjoy!

PolishOutlander 7 February 2010 at 17:06  

I loved Mists of Avalon. It is one of the few books that I've reread. I've read all of the prequels as well. The movie was a tv-movie for cable and I actually enjoyed it and it's what made me reread the book actually.Big fan. I hope you enjoy it too! Happy reading@

Rebecca 8 February 2010 at 01:08  

Great books you got this week. They both look really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP