Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #4 (February Round-off)

 Sunday 28 February 2010

I am *the* world's worst book blogger sans doute. It's been weeks since I last did a post and since I started this I have only done one actual book review which is terribly deficient of me- I apologise heartily to my followers.

So I thought that I should do a uber IMM post and include my reading for this month since I am doubtful that even I could get another book finished before midnight.

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren


Right, well I bought a heck of a lot of books in February;

A Lost Lady- Willa Cather
The Mists of Avalon- Marion Zimmer Bradley
North and South- Elizabeth Gaskell (Read it 4 Stars)
The Professor's House- Willa Cather
The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald (Read it 4 Stars)
Wives and Daughters- Elizabeth Gaskell
The Moonstone- Wilkie Collins
The Mill on the Floss- George Eliot
Silas Marner- George Eliot
Ruth- Elizabeth Gaskell
A Clash of Kings- George R.R. Martin
A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow- George R.R. Martin
Prey- Rachel Vincent
The Knife of Never Letting Go- Patrick Ness
Eon: Rise of the Dragoneye- Alison Goodman (Read it 4.5 Stars)
Revelation- C.J. Sansom
The Falcons of Montabard- Elizabeth Chadwick
Vanity Fair- William Makepeace Thakeray
The Laurentine Spy- Emily Gee (Read it 4 Stars)
Gone- Michael Grant
From Dead to Worse- Charlaine Harris (Read it 4 Stars)
All Together Dead- Charlaine Harris (Read it 4 Stars)
Definitely Dead- Charlaine Harris (Read it 4 Stars)
The Blind Assassin- Margaret Atwood
Cranford- Elizabeth Gaskell

Not all of those books were bought by me since my lovely boyfriend paid for several as part of his Valentine's Day present to me (which I thought was so sweet of him)

I also received my Librarything Early Reviewers book finally; All the Things We Didn't Say- Sara Shepard.

Now for this month's reading- It was not quite as successful as January but since classes have re-started I haven't had as much spare time on my hands so most of my reading had to be done late at night hence I got fewer books read.

February
24. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson 

25. World Without End by Ken Follett (7/2/2010 PM)
26. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (14/2/2010 PM)
27. A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula le Guin (15/2/2010 AM)
28. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (16/2/2010 PM)
29. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (17/2/2010 AM)
30. Eon: Rise of the Dragoneye by Alison Goodman (18/2/2010 AM)
31. The Laurentine Spy by Emily Gee (19/2/2010 AM)
32. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris (20/2/2010 AM)
33. All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris (24/2/2010 AM)
34. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks (25/2/2010 AM)
35. The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (25/2/2010 AM)
36. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier (27/2/2010 AM)
37. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris (28/2/2010 AM)



General Overview
Books read - 14
Books Owned - 13
Fantasy - 6 (3 Vampire books)
Classics - 4
Historical Fiction - 1
General Fiction- 3
Books Acquired this month- 29 (2 were Spanish books for Uni)


Now to wrap up I want to show you the awesome bag that my boyfriend bought me as well for Valentine's Day. It sums me up perfectly and I know that many other people will feel the same. (apologies in advance for how tired I look- I woke at 2pm and my hair is a mess. Plus the weirdness of my eye is due to the light coming from my computer)


Isn't that the most perfect bag in the world for any self-respecting Book Addict???




And on that note I leave you. Happy Sunday folks!
LadyV

5 comments:

Christina T 28 February 2010 at 19:58  

Love the bag (and the quote)! It looks big enough to fill with a ton of books at the bookstore. :) You received a lot of great books this month. I haven't read North and South yet but it is on my list along with the other major works by Gaskell. I loved Eon: Dragoneye Reborn and I am anxiously awaiting book two althought it probably won't be published until 2011. I hope you enjoy reading all your books!

Maria (Serpentine Library) 28 February 2010 at 22:00  

You got a lot of really good books in February - lots of classics. The Great Gatsby and A Wizard of Earthsea are two of my all time favorites. Your bag is perfect for book shopping, that quote is great!

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) 1 March 2010 at 04:19  

Awesome books! LOVE that bag - it's so me! I'd rather starve and have a good book! LOL

Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-2-28-10.html

Have an awesome booktastic Monday! :D
The Bookie Bunch

Lori 1 March 2010 at 17:35  

LOL, loving the bad. Enjoy your books. Here's Mine.

AnAddictedBookReader 27 April 2010 at 21:19  

Wow, I totally agree with that bag : ) I want it haha...enjoy!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP