Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

My Top 5 Wishlist Books for 2010

 Tuesday 26 January 2010

So I was feeling a little befuddled as to what I could blog about because I'm very new to this I don't really have any interesting regular features so apart from putting up book reviews for what I've read recently and doing a couple of memes I don't really know what else to do. Ideas anyone? Another thing about my reviews, I'm really inconsistent sometimes I can write a decent amount about what I thought and it sounds relatively coherent but then other times I'm a mess so I may be picky with which reviews I put up on here (all of them are on my 75 Books challenge thread on LibraryThing though).

Anyways, the point of this post is to highlight the five books which are coming out this year which I am most excited about. I'm not really on the pulse about what are the most anticipated YA books for this year but these are the next-in-series books which I really *really* want.

#1. Strange Fate by L.J. Smith


For people who haven't read any of L.J. Smith's books this is the *Very* long awaited final book in her Nightworld Series. The nine books preceding this have recently been reissued with funky new covers in three chunky omnibuses along with many of Smith's other books. I discovered her books back in 2008 and was hooked pretty quickly to the Nightworld stories which while all being linked into a much larger story could stand pretty well on their own. I have read the first two of Smith's Vampire Diaries series but I do prefer this series (I've yet to read the Secret Circle books but they're on my Amazon wishlist)
Strange Fate is due to be published (in the UK) on the 6th of July which is conveniently the day after I'm due to get back from a cricket tour in Barbados so I shall definitely be pre-ordering it to ensure I get it ASAP. I'd better get onto re-reading the first nine books!

#2 Hunger Games 3 by Suzanne Collins

Ok, who else besides me is getting a *leetle* bit tetchy about the lack of title for the third Hunger Games book when it's coming out in AUGUST!! I'm slightly concerned about this because what if it's a bad sign that she's maybe not quite finished writing it yet? What if they push back the date of the release? After the god-awful cliffhanger at the end of Catching Fire how in the name of the Holy McNuggets do they expect us to WAIT PATIENTLY!!! *breath, calm...* Sorry couldn't help it the stress gets to me. Anyway this is going to be my most anticipated book for August most definitely but I really hope that Suzanne isn't rushing to finish for a deadline set too early by her publishers cos that could really affect the quality of the book if it's being doing at break-neck speed. *chews hands* gah the anxiety is gonna kill me!

#3 Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Dang blast it I can't find a photo for the cover. *pouts* Never mind.
Yes, I am dying to know what's going to happen next with Rose and Dimitri (who in my eyes is the *best* vamp man candy). I raced through Blood Promise almost as soon as it arrived and now I need to know where things go; although I'm probably going to have to have a full series re-read beforehand as I think I read them all so fast that certain details didn't stick in the old grey cells. I really don't want to be confused when I finally get Spirit Bound in May. I expect that I won't really care that I'll be in the middle of exams by then and rip through it in a few hours in the manic fashion that I usually do. Ah c'est la vie.

#4 Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Although I've seen a couple of "meh" reviews for this I still really, really want to read it because I LOVED Shiver. I hadn't really read many books with werewolves in before that so I really liked the idea that they only shifted to human during the summer and that after a certain number of years they wouldn't be able to shift back at all. Sam also became one of my literary crushes and I am always glad to read more books with my crushes in (that's why I'm so impatient for the third Opal Cowan book from Maria V. Snyder cos VALEK'S IN IT!! *swoon*)
So yea bring on the 20th July! This summer is for uber reading time!

#5 Forest Born by Shannon Hale
I bet some people just did a double take and were like "Huh? But that book came out last September!" True but that was the US hardback which I didn't want. I'm patiently waiting for the UK paperback which is coming out on the 5th July (ooh another early July will *have* to pre-order that) so I can have all my Shannon Hale books with their gorgeously pretty and matching covers. Yes I *am* that weird about my book covers.

This is the cover for the first Book of Bayern -The Goose Girl which is brilliant. But how lovely is that cover? all the UK Bloomsbury covers for Hale's books are of the same theme and I think they're wonderful which I why I'm really excited for Forest Born. I'm hoping they'll do the cover in purple since they've done green, orange and blue so far and I think purple would go well. (Ok I'm biased cos I'm like addicted to the colour Purple but shush). Gah I'm rambling now.

So they are the books which I'm most anxious for at the moment, I've got several other books on my list of Must-Buy-This-Year but those are the more prominent in my mind. This has been a rather mish-mashy post and I'm not sure how much sense it'll make to folks but ah what the heck?

A Bientot
LadyV

4 comments:

Dani. 26 January 2010 at 22:12  

I agree with you on Spirit Bound & Hunger Games #3!!! Also, Linger (tho I own it!)

2010 is going to be a great year for books! :]

Jess,  27 January 2010 at 18:57  

I'm super excited for these too Rach me <3's your blog twinnie!

Maria (Serpentine Library) 28 January 2010 at 20:33  

I have an award for you at my blog :-) http://theserpentinelibrary.blogspot.com/2010/01/my-first-award.html

prophecygirl 29 January 2010 at 12:50  

Great list! I'm looking forward to all of those :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP