Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Hows about a Fresh Start?

 Sunday 29 May 2011

So regular visitors to the Library will have noticed that 2011 has been a bit of a bat-shit crazy fest for me and as a result my blog has suffered with frequent lapses in posting followed by short-lived binges.

Now as we're coming to the beginning of June I've had the realisation that I might need to shake things up around here - seriously -  to get myself back into a proper routine. My new job has left me with vastly reduced reading time (unless I get chance to read during my lunch break) and in the evenings I tend to plump for tv/dvd watching in lieu of spending more time on a computer after 8 hours of staring at a screen and answering phones. Don't get me wrong I am *immensely* glad that I have a job but I'm not wholly chuffed with the idea that I might literally become glued to a keyboard if I try to follow up work with blogging every day.

So what's the plan I hear you ask? Well first up shall be a good redecorating, I hope I can find another blog template that I love as much as this one but I think I need to change it not only for practical reasons (the centre column is just too narrow) but also for aesthetic ones. It feels quite dark and brooding and God knows I don't need to keep my blog looking almost funereal after what's happened this year.

After that I think I need to re-evaluate how often I post, and more importantly *what* I post. I continually run into problems with book reviews as I tend to read so quickly that by the time I get round to reviewing a particular book I've read 4 or 5 more since that one and my thoughts about the book are not as distinct. But I don't really make up for the general lack of reviews with other quality posts, I very rarely do discussion posts because I don't feel wholly confident in my ability to articulate my opinions on topics that I feel strongly about and because more often than not the topic has been covered by better bloggers than I.

The solution to this problem? I don't have a concrete plan as yet but I reckon if I try to do double-barrelled review/topic posts that are related somehow then they might add more depth to each other and I get two posts stemmed from one idea. I hope to think of more ways to add quality to my posts as I discover more of this new side of the metaphorical leaf.

I gotta give a massive thanks to the people who have been there for me during these past few months, I may have completely lost the plot without your support and while I may not have my shit together entirely just yet I know y'all will be at the ready to patch me up when cracks appear.

You guys rock, don't forget that.

Get ready for change
LadyV

6 comments:

Kate 29 May 2011 at 21:12  

I also have been away from blogging for a bit thanks to school and a lack of feeling like writing reviews. I finally just sat down yesterday and wrote six posts (3 of those being reviews) and made some new goals for myself. I'm going to try and post four to five times a week and get better at writing reviews right after I finish a book. I'm also going to do my best to be more active in the blogger community, which includes chatting more on twitter and commenting on other blogs. Best of luck to you with your "makeover". I love reading your blog and watching your vlogs. :-)

Anonymous,  30 May 2011 at 01:40  

My blogging as been sporadic at best since I went back to school in December! I understand! And now that I have summer off I want to focus on reading more than anything else! But Hopefully I will post once or twice a week. My goal is just to not put too much pressure on myself or I will never do it! Good luck with your blogging endeavors :)

Anonymous,  30 May 2011 at 01:41  

PS: I really like the new look!

Anonymous,  30 May 2011 at 10:56  

I think your blog has changed now and I really like it! If it's not, blame my iPod. I look forward to hearing more from you and reading your reviews and stuffs!

ComaCalm's Corner

Jen 30 May 2011 at 16:58  

I understand completely ... and I'm looking forward to seeing what's next here. :)

Unknown 6 June 2011 at 08:52  

*makes penguins smile* LIFE.MADE. I like the new layout :) It's simple but cute. Also: Thanks for being awesome!!

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP