Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Teaser Tuesdays #9

 Tuesday 27 July 2010

Howdy folks, with any luck I'll actually be awake when this posts but I'm preparing it the night before in case of parental intervention. I had to hide my laptop under my quilt this morning to do my It's Monday What are you reading post so I'd rather not be forced to resort to covert tactics again tomorrow.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!!
  • Share the title and author too so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!
My Teaser
"You thought I was Sean." The little dolphin was smiling, enjoying my discomfort too much for my taste.
"No, I didn't." I made an effort to slow down my breathing through nose or mouth. My bosom was heaving, I tell you. I had a heaving bosom!
page 78 of The Boys next Door by Jennifer Echols

I've already finished the first book in this bind-up and I'm partway through the second book - Endless Summer. It's a wonderfully summery romance with all the comedic awkwardness of first love. Jennifer Echols is just a fabulous author and I really wish this book didn't actually belong to my sister cos I wants it :P

Well what Teaser's have y'all got today?
LadyV

13 comments:

Aleksandra 27 July 2010 at 10:04  

Fun teaser :) Happy reading!!!

Manga Maniac 27 July 2010 at 12:18  

Great teaser - this looks like a fun book, and I love the cover.

My teasers are here Manga Maniac Cafe

Book Lover 27 July 2010 at 12:34  

good one here's mine

http://bookloversreviewblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-1.html

Anonymous,  27 July 2010 at 12:55  

What a great one! I'm just reading Forget You by Jennifer Echols, my first one and I'm loving it!

Savannah 27 July 2010 at 13:11  

I really want to read this. Sounds good.

Lillie (AliseOnLife) 27 July 2010 at 14:14  

I just picked this up at the library and am looking forward to reading it.
This is my Teaser Tuesday.

Alayne 27 July 2010 at 14:54  

Happy reading! Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Kathy Martin 27 July 2010 at 16:04  

Sounds sweet! I think some of my romance readers would like this. My teaser is from Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James. Happy reading!

Jenny Q 27 July 2010 at 18:19  

That's a funny one! Don't get in trouble with the 'rents Lady V! Here's my teaser from The Duke of Shadows.

Emidy @ Une Parole 27 July 2010 at 23:08  

Haha, I love that teaser! I have yet to read something by Echols. Maybe I'll give this one a shot!

pussreboots 27 July 2010 at 23:10  

Enjoy your book. Mine's from Devil to Pay, a book I wrote.

Ellie 29 July 2010 at 21:28  

Rachel - head by 'Musings' and pick up the award I've left for you! The Summer Blogger Award was passed onto me and now I'm passing it to you... Congrats!

http://musingsofabookshopgirl.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-blogger-award-im-absolutely.html

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP