Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Reasons to get EXCITED AS HELL for Truthwitch

 Wednesday 23 September 2015

This is a post that I’m trying very hard not to do in ALLCAPS because oh-my-sweet-baeduan-of-the-void do I want to spend weeks gushing about this book. But this isn’t a review, oh no, *that* will be coming in the future nearer to Truthwitch’s release date of January 5th 2016 (WRITE THAT DATE DOWN NOW). This post is simply a list of all the reasons I feel should get you hyped as fuck for Truthwitch.

Empress Sooz 
Reason #1 – Empress Sooz
If you don’t know who Susan Dennard is then please allow me to introduce you to the wondrous author of Truthwitch and Empress of the Witchlanders (her intensely loyal clan of fans) and all-around LOVELY PERSON. She is seriously one of the coolest authors I know and is so fantastic and generous with her readers. Sooz is also the author of the Something Strange & Deadly trilogy – a fabulous supernatural adventure set in 1870’s Philadelphia (as well as Paris & Egypt in the sequels) with a cracking heroine Eleanor who is having to deal with attacks from the walking dead while trying to figure out why her brother has not come home.  By a cruel twist of fate this series is only available in the US so getting hold of it in the UK does require some sorcery and a small blood ritual. Maybe once Truthwitch has come out over here somebody will listen to my howling demands to publish Something Strange & Deadly for the UK market. Because if you loved the Infernal Devices trilogy you are probably gonna want to read this series as well.

Reason #2 – This book is fan-freaking-tastic
Just read this.
On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery,” a magical skill that sets them apart from others.In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.
Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.
Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.
Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.” (Synopsis borrowed from Sooz’s Website)
You might be wondering how I am able to make such a claim when the book isn’t out until January. Well here’s the thing; I’ve read it, twice in fact and I can very safely say that it is one of my top five reads of this entire year. It is possible to get a sneaky look at the first chapter or two if you subscribe to Susan’s newsletter Misfits & Daydreamers (which is a thing you should really do if you want to keep up with her bookish news and get some kick-ass writing advice as well) and believe me just reading the first chapter will leave you so desperate for the rest of the book that you might consider selling your soul.

Reason #3 – Truthwitch Street Team
If the book wasn’t awesome enough then the fact that we have a six clan street team cheerleading the whole way up to publication would tip it over the edge. Organised and commanded by Sooz and the amazing Nicola (who tweets as The Wicked Powers, Truthwitch and like 3 other accounts XD, she also blogs from Queen of the Bookshelves), the street team is made up of six clans; Water, Earth, Air, Fire, Aether and Void (the elements from which all the different witcheries come) and basically the clans are sharing their passion for Truthwitch across social media. There are opportunities each month for 6 more people to join the Street Team and be privy to all the secret clan gossip *wistful sigh because #clanless *. But even for folk not on the street team there are awesome competitions and twitter chats that you can participate in :D.

Reason #4 – LOOK AT THESE COVERS (not even Final versions!)
Photo borrowed from Jess's Instagram - her UK arc & my US one
Much of my brain yesterday was taken over with extreme emotions over the UK ARC versions of Truthwitch which were revealed as part of #TruthwitchTuesday – like seriously it’s not even the final UK cover and I was just about fucking crying over it. The US edition is equally gorgeous with its badass depiction of Safi and the swirling water around her. But look at how shiny the foil is on the UK arc!! Needless to say I will be getting both versions of the finished book and if by some miracle I’m lucky enough to get hold of a UK arc then I’ll have to full set ^_^ Not that I’m a magpie or anything. *hoards all the shinies*  

I think I’ll leave my list at four main reasons otherwise I’ll be off onto an enormously spoilerific word-vomit about everything that I love about Truthwitch. You can look forward to that post maybe in the New Year or a bit before.

SO ARE YOU EXCITED FOR TRUTHWITCH YET?!? ARE YOU?!

BECAUSE I SURE AM!! *goes for a lie down in a dark room*

Ray x

1 comments:

Sophie Houghton 23 September 2015 at 17:33  

The foil on our edition is really, really pretty. I can't stop looking at it. I'll likely be buying the uk final edition once I see the final cover :)
I'm so glad I've got copies of Sooz's other series, cause they'll definitely be on my priority tbr.

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP