Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #50 - dang so many?

 Sunday 5 June 2011

Holy crappola how did I get to 50 IMMs? I would be rather terrified to add up exactly how many books I've bought over the course of those posts but hey *party poppers and cake all round*. This week is fairly mild on the book buying front so here we go!

In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren and inspired by Alea @Pop Culture Junkie

Book Acquired this week
Just the one acquisition this week from a charity shop at a bargain price of 99p! I've never read a Holly Black book and I've heard really good things about this series so I thought what the hell?

Also arriving through the Mailbox this week was my next dose of the Gilmore Girls in a handy two season chunk. Since I devoured the first Season in an alarmingly short period of time I decided to wait a little while before buying the next installment (just so my parents didn't confiscate my debit card). Now I'm glutting on Season Two, I must say although I'm terribly envious that Alexis Bledel got to spend copious amounts of time locking lips with Jared Padalecki, I can't help but hope that Rory and Jess get together cos dude he reads! *swoons*

I owe all the credit for my newly fledged addiction to my dear friend Ellie of Musings of a Bookshop Girl who totally piqued my interest with her post about a Gilmore Girls Book and Movie project that she was working on. A show with *that* many references to literature and other cool things has gotta be worth a watch. Not to mention the fact that it's hilariously witty and chock-full of wonderfully quirky characters. If you've never seen an episode, watch one ASAP although I recommend starting from the beginning as I think it is rather confusing to jump in at a random point (Not like Friends where you can literally find any episode playing and watch it without a single "wuh?" moment).

So after this semi-random segway into a gush-fest over the Gilmore Girls thus I end this post (at a hideously late hour post-wine). Anyhow do tell what you got in *your* Mailbox this week.
LadyV

4 comments:

The Library Owl 5 June 2011 at 13:35  

I haven't read anything by Holly Black (unless Zombies vs. Unicorns counts) so I'm intrigued to see what you think of White Cat.

I've seen the odd episode of Gilmore Girls and you're right it was a little confusing (but fun none the less)but my sister has got the collection so I might borrow them and start from the beginning :)

Alison Can Read 6 June 2011 at 00:02  

Great week! I loved White Cat.
My IMM

Midnight Bloom 6 June 2011 at 01:04  

I'm sure you'll love White Cat! It's definitely a fave of mine by Holly Black! Happy reading! :)

April (BooksandWine) 6 June 2011 at 02:09  

I really like that cover of White Cat, so much more than the original one with the guy on it.

Happy reading :-D

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP