Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

Teaser Tuesdays #1

 Tuesday 27 April 2010

Although I was originally gonna wait until next week to jump on a few more meme bandwagons I thought "since it's Tuesday for at least 6 more hours (for me anyway) I may as well hop on with the Teaser Tuesday folk"


  • Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Currently Reading: Shadows and Strongholds by Elizabeth Chadwick

Teaser: Uncertainly he came around to her and set his arm across her shoulders. He didn't know what to say, but the act of going to her and touching seemed right and when she turned and cried against him, rather than against the pony, he felt his vitals knot with pain and his eyes start to burn. pg 111 of Shadows and Strongholds

I love how Elizabeth Chadwick makes medieval history just feel so real and although I'm only 145 pages into this nearly 600 page book I'm already loving the two main characters Brunin and Hawise (they're the two in the teaser although unnamed). I'm very much looking forward to reading more about them as they grow up together.

Until next time 
LadyV



7 comments:

LKT 27 April 2010 at 17:59  

Welcome to the world of Tuesday Teasers. It's fun to see the huge range of books that people are reading.

My teaser, quite different from yours, is here

Natalie W 27 April 2010 at 18:31  

Great teaser! Sounds like a interesting book. I'll have to add it to my list.
Natalie ~ My Teaser

Sarah 27 April 2010 at 18:59  

Great teaser - another one to add to my wishlist LOL :o)

Unknown 27 April 2010 at 22:59  

This teaser sure draws you in. Makes you want to read more! Here's mine from Robert Fripp's historical fiction booked called, "Power of a Woman," which is a story told through Eleanor of Aquitaine:
"Thus I was born, to duty before privilege, for such is the house of Aquitaine. Not a week went by but my nurses would instruct me, and later my ladies and my tutors, that the word droit entails duties before it bestows rights."

Casey (The Bookish Type) 27 April 2010 at 23:10  

Hello! Thanks so much for following my blog - I'm now following you as well! This is a great teaser! I love how you added some of your own thoughts at the end of the post! Looking forward to your review =)

Teaser Tuesday - Shadow of the Sun by Laura Kreitzer

Marg 30 April 2010 at 23:16  

Welcome to Teaser Tuesday! Elizabeth Chadwick is one of my favourite authors, and I am very anxiously waiting to get hold of her new book which is released in the UK very soon!

Tales of Whimsy 19 May 2010 at 18:04  

Oooo I like it! Great teaser :)

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP