Important Stuff

Nothing going on here... as you were...

In My Mailbox #53 ze magical one!

 Sunday 10 July 2011

Hola mis chicas! (or chicos I dunno what the female:male ratio is for ze blog). Tis the end of the first full week of my stay in Florida and it's kinda scary that in just a week I'll be going home again, gawd knows how I'm gonna adjust to having to go back to work *sad face*. Just as I've got into a routine of responsible adultness this holiday has set me back at least three years on the maturity ladder, so although I'm inching ever closer to my 21st birthday right now I'm feeling rather like a sixteen year old on her summer vacation. Ugh, why can't I just stay here and work at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? I would *kill* to be able to spend all day dressed in Hogwarts robes and to buggery if I'm sweltering in the heat-  I'd have the best job EVER!

But anyways digressions are the bane of my life. To business!
In My Mailbox is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie



Books Acquired this week
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June by Robin Benway


**AND**
Luna Lovegood's Wand *squee* (I did want to maybe get a Ravenclaw scarf but the shops were so crazy-cakes busy that it was a challenge to move around in there so escaping was the sensible option)
Hermione Granger's Wand  - for the Darling Jess of Jess Hearts Books (So we can be nerdy witchy nutters when we go see HP7 Pt2 later this month)


My post detailing the awesomeness of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter avec pictures will hopefully be up later today so keep your peepers peeled for that!

So do let me know what Y'all got in Your Mailboxes this week!

Magically Yours
LadyV

4 comments:

Christina T 10 July 2011 at 14:23  

I am dying to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It sounds like fun! I am glad you were able to visit. I wonder if anyone will have wands at the movie theater when I go to see Deathly Hallows next week. I did see people wearing elf ears when I saw The Return of the King...

I have heard excellent things about Jellicoe Road and I really liked Princess of Glass. I hope you enjoy your new books and the rest of your stay in Florida!

heavenisabookstore 10 July 2011 at 17:16  

Why does lasagna take that long anyway?? Really like the sounds of Jellicoe Road and Extraordinary Secrets books.

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) 10 July 2011 at 19:39  

I like the wands too! I got to see HP last night and LOVED the movie. I was super sad to see it end though. I will admit I got a little choked up at the credits.

Alison Can Read 11 July 2011 at 02:33  

Great set! Yay for Jellicoe Road! I hope you love it (be patient b/c it takes a long time to get into).
My IMM

Post a Comment

Any comments are greatly appreciated and will make this paltry blogger's day :)

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP